• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Fade's 2012 Glog

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

Bahamian Goat
Douglah
Yellow Scorpion CARDI
7 Pod Jonah
De Arbol
Nagabon
Orange Trinidad Scorpion
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T
Chocolate Fatali
Chocolate Habanero
Chocolate Bhut
Orange Scotch Bonnet
Goat Weed

PLants look perfect. :dance:

Can't wait to see them grow into monsters down there in the love tropics. :party:

This could be a never ending grow log! :hell:

Here is an update, not too much going on. I assume alot of root development is going on.

Bahamian Goat
P1000401.jpg

P1000397.jpg

P1000396.jpg

Yellow Scorpion CARDI
P1000399.jpg

P1000395.jpg

Douglah
P1000398.jpg

P1000394.jpg

P1000393.jpg

This is how hot the sun has been lately
P1000400.jpg

So yesterday I decided to get this bright idea to increase the direct sun exposure my plants were getting. Even though they still wilted in the 3 hours of late afternoon sun they were getting hmmmm.
So I moved them out to a location in the back yard where they would get direct sun from about 12 pm to 5pm. I checked on them at 1 pm during my lunch break they were wilting somewhat but looked like they were handling it like champs. So I left them there until I got off of work after 5. When I got home and saw what had happened to my plants was horrifying. It looked like they had been nuked!
The leaved were shriviled so bad on most of the plants I had though I just ruined all my hard work and time with one stupid mistake in which I should have known better.
I just looked at the damaged then proceeded down to happy hour at the marina and put down a few vodka's to ease the pain. But to my shock this morning, all the plants had recovered perfectly except the Douglah's which are the largest of the plants. Even so they are damaged but nowhere near what I expected.

Here is the aftermath

P1000404.jpg

P1000402.jpg

Brent,
Your plants will survive, they took in a bit much of that high noon sun. The leaves on the c.chinense are generally thinner in the early stages of growth compared to annuums and othe species. Sunscald will turn the older growth transparent looking. The new growth will be fine, the plant will adapt to the intense light levels....gradually.
Morning sun would be the better choice compared to the afternoon combo of the swelling heat with intense direct sun.
I've hit happy hr myself many a times after a tough day in the garden(s)...

Greg

Brent,
Your plants will survive, they took in a bit much of that high noon sun. The leaves on the c.chinense are generally thinner in the early stages of growth compared to annuums and othe species. Sunscald will turn the older growth transparent looking. The new growth will be fine, the plant will adapt to the intense light levels....gradually.
Morning sun would be the better choice compared to the afternoon combo of the swelling heat with intense direct sun.
I've hit happy hr myself many a times after a tough day in the garden(s)...

Greg

Yeah, I am currently trying in the front porch with the morning sun instead. Will keep a close eye on them because even early in the morning it is very hot and intense here.

Yep . Hardening off is bit tricky sometimes, but they all still look great. keep up the work!

Yes it is especially when your as impatient as I am lol.

Thanks

Since I have moved the plants out to the front porch to receive morning to mid day full sun they have adapted very well and hardened off.
They should really start to take off with all the extra sunlight they are getting.

P1000409.jpg

Here are some of my new babies. De Arbol, Nagabon, Butch T Scorpion, Chocolate Bhut and Orange Scotch Bonnet

P1000412.jpg

Your plants have returned! Now that they're getting acclimated you can gradually pour on the sun

Greg

Looking great. I had done a double-take. I saw your first post, then the next with full-sized pods and thought, "WTH, how could you have pods from them so soon? I'm doing it wrong!" Then the next pics came. Ha! Plants look like they recovered well.

Good luck!

Plants are really starting to look good and harden off nicely.
There has been a nice breeze all week which has caused the plants to become more rigid and sturdy.
Also have been spraying with neem a few times a week for insect prevention. Thankfully have only seen white flies so far.

P1000424.jpg

Douglah
P1000422.jpg

Yellow Scorpion Cardi
P1000419.jpg

Bahamian Goat
P1000421.jpg

Looking great. Plants look like they're loving the local conditions.

What do you think of the Bahamian Goats? I just recently learned of them. Taste? Heat? Uses?

Looking great. Plants look like they're loving the local conditions.

What do you think of the Bahamian Goats? I just recently learned of them. Taste? Heat? Uses?

Thanks

The Bahamian Goat is very hot with a nice unique flavor. I would put it in the same category as a Fatali as far as heat.
You can pretty much use it for anything you would use a scotch bonnet or hab for.

Well I decided to try out an idea today to reduce the heat that my black nursery pots would draw.
Took one to try it out and see how it would stick. Since the primer states it would even adhere to glass.
Took the 7 gallon pot cleaned it up good with some acetone then rolled on two coats and here it is!

A Douglah enjoying his new found space and final resting place =)

P1000427.jpg

P1000428.jpg

The primer is sticking like a champ so I plan on doing some more on the weekend.

Found some more nice Goats in the store today. Plan on making a mean sauce.

P1000429.jpg

Back