vendor Fake Seed Warning

Fellow European friends

I wish to warn you about buying seeds from amazon and ebay ,and if after all warnings you choose to do so please avoid seller fmdinis .Its not money we are talking about here its wasted time. Rather buy from trusted sellers and use seed exchange since its more reliable and safer. 

Have a nice day !!!

:D

AloxVanFren said:
Fellow European friends

I wish to warn you about buying seeds from amazon and ebay ,and if after all warnings you choose to do so please avoid seller fmdinis .Its not money we are talking about here its wasted time. Rather buy from trusted sellers and use seed exchange since its more reliable and safer. 

Have a nice day !!!

http://www.wageningenur.nl/en/Expertise-Services/Statutory-research-tasks/Centre-for-Genetic-Resources-the-Netherlands-1/Centre-for-Genetic-Resources-the-Netherlands-1/Expertise-areas/Plant-Genetic-Resources/Search-and-order.htm

http://gbis.ipk-gatersleben.de/GBIS_I/suche.jsf;jsessionid=kz7lgh9CbiySXwA9hgvq34Oih_NHbSDupgfNEDrbs0Yzezg0xlSn!-531020448!1451254488898?autoScroll=0,13

AloxVanFren said:
Well people from US usually don't purchase seeds from europe :D that was my guess, anyways yes warning for everyone !

I'm sure that fatalii.net and Mojo Pepper will love your assessment. (the implicit fraud being committed upon US citizens buying seeds abroad)

I've been happy with both of those suppliers - and I know a lot of others here have, also.

AloxVanFren said:
Fellow European friends

Have a nice day !!!

:D
fmdinis is a top rated Ebay seller with 99.7% positive feed back based on 4,606 reviews over the course of 4 years.  You mentioned that time was an issue.  Although it doesnt seem to be an issue with 99.7% of his customers. I suggest that perhaps he being located in Portugal and you being located in Montenegro might have something to do with your disappointment.

No offense intended, but AloxVanFren has been a member at THP for a month and this is the fourth topic he started.  He has virtually no reputation on THP while who ever this fmdinis is has a four year documented history with Ebay and nearly 100% positive reviews.  I think logic gives more weight to fmdinis.  Again, no offense intended.  Maybe in four years AloxVanFren will be just as reputable.  Just observing that at this point, no reason for the weight of the review to differ so much from the 4,606 reviews already published over four years.  One bad experience does not make a horrible merchant.  Hell, I shipped a box of fresh pods to a norther state that went to Hawaii for some odd reason and got confiscated on its way out because you can not ship produce off the island without special permit.  Things sometimes go wrong.

About Ebay and Amazon being horrible places to shop: I believe I have seen Jim Duffy's brand on Amazon.  I know I have seen Pepper Joe or his wife on Ebay.  I do not believe I have seen Pucker Butt actual on either, but I know I have seen their licensed sellers (or at least people claiming to be).  These places are markets with many sellers.

Lots of folk get their start on Ebay and other shared market places.  Without a reputation or great google ranking, a stand alone online store is just about pointless.  It is the difference between having your own store out in the middle of no where and having one in a shopping center.

Condemning an entire shopping mall because one merchant screwed up is kind of silly.  Have gotten both good and bad results from Ebay, same as shopping real world.  Except Ebay runs on reputation, so check the reviews before you buy.  Oh, and do not believe someone has the latest greatest seed when nobody else does.  More so if they are in China.  Strange thing that.

Myxlplyk said:
I bought three or four types of pepper seeds from ebay. The germination was pathetic. Only one type germinated, and even those were anemic. Never again.
Come on guy, you bought them from merchant(s) using Ebay.  If you bought them from one dealer in a shopping mall would you boycott another dealer in the same shopping mall?  Lots of fine people selling good products on Ebay.  Yep, some poor product also.  Wanna share a complaint I once had.

Someone wrote wanting a refund on some ghost pepper seeds.  Five bucks, sent them a refund.  They claimed their was a zero germination rate and that her husband was an 'expert gardener'.  In addition to the refund, I sent another package of seed along with an explanation that ghost pepper germination improves with heat, the recommendation of a heating pad, and a link to the CPI page on germinating super hots.  About a month later, I received a check for $10.00 and a letter explaining it was a refund of the refund and five bucks for the new seeds.  I never expected it but it made my heart warm.  She and her husband are now solid patrons at my online store.

I think one of the best ways to grade an Ebay seller by is how they fix mistakes and screw ups.  I can not count the number of screw ups I made the last time I was in the hospital unexpectedly.  When I fixed them, all but maybe three bad reviews were changed to good reviews and many of those folk migrated to my online store.  It all works out in the end.

ajdrew said:
Come on guy, you bought them from merchant(s) using Ebay.  If you bought them from one dealer in a shopping mall would you boycott another dealer in the same shopping mall?  Lots of fine people selling good products on Ebay.  Yep, some poor product also.  Wanna share a complaint I once had.

Someone wrote wanting a refund on some ghost pepper seeds.  Five bucks, sent them a refund.  They claimed their was a zero germination rate and that her husband was an 'expert gardener'.  In addition to the refund, I sent another package of seed along with an explanation that ghost pepper germination improves with heat, the recommendation of a heating pad, and a link to the CPI page on germinating super hots.  About a month later, I received a check for $10.00 and a letter explaining it was a refund of the refund and five bucks for the new seeds.  I never expected it but it made my heart warm.  She and her husband are now solid patrons at my online store.

I think one of the best ways to grade an Ebay seller by is how they fix mistakes and screw ups.  I can not count the number of screw ups I made the last time I was in the hospital unexpectedly.  When I fixed them, all but maybe three bad reviews were changed to good reviews and many of those folk migrated to my online store.  It all works out in the end.

When the mall is full of seedy (pun intended) merchants, I stay away - regardless of the good merchants still there. I'm not wading thru scum to reach the island. There are too many good merchants online to have to do that. However, if enough THP members say someone from ebay is reputable, I may do business with them.

ajdrew said:
fmdinis is a top rated Ebay seller with 99.7% positive feed back based on 4,606 reviews over the course of 4 years.  You mentioned that time was an issue.  Although it doesnt seem to be an issue with 99.7% of his customers. I suggest that perhaps he being located in Portugal and you being located in Montenegro might have something to do with your disappointment.

while who ever this fmdinis is has a four year documented history with Ebay and nearly 100% positive reviews.  I think logic gives more weight to fmdinis. 

Therein lies the problem --- on EBAY you only have a short window in which to leave feedback about a purchase so a seed vendor even if selling fake seeds tend to stay near 100% positive feedback as long as he ships some seeds quickly -- since the seeds will not be grown immediately and even if they are will not pod up for longer than teh window for reporting problems with the order.  -- So even if you want to change a rating to reflect the seeds did not grow what was promised it is too late by the time you grow them thus there is no way to rate them anything but positively if you place an order becuse the ratings are only about the seller shipping the order timely and in good condition and not how well or poorly they germinated or grew.

All aren't ripoffs ,  There is a very reputable T.H.P. member whom sells E-BAY , and he is one of the best !  You just need to do a little investigating first . ratings usually speak for themselves  .      :onfire:

Myxlplyk said:

When the mall is full of seedy (pun intended) merchants, I stay away
I can not imagine Ebay being any more seedy than the internet itself.  Now when it comes to seed quality, the observation by JD fan is dead on with respect to the review system. But the downside to reviews of a merchant without any proof of purchase is bad reviews are often a petty way to attack folk for entirely misguided reasons.

There is a page on Facebook called Pepper Wars.  I don't get much of it because my business is just some hippy dippy little thing down a one lane road.  But oh damn the stuff is thick some places.  I remember a FB page where someone was spreading the rumor that Edd Curry and StandandFire (member here) were ripping off the Wounded Warrior program.  No proof, no logic, just spreading the rumor.  It was unreal.

I do think THP has somehow managed to avoid a lot of that.  Still, every now and then we get a new member who sometimes immediately gives a horrible review of someone and then vanishes as if that were their only purpose to joining.  No system is perfect.  Have occasionally gotten some really off seeds from merchants everywhere.  They were usually fun to grow and I was out maybe five bucks, worth the fun of growig.

moruga welder said:
All aren't ripoffs ,  There is a very reputable T.H.P. member whom sells E-BAY , and he is one of the best !  You just need to do a little investigating first . ratings usually speak for themselves  .      :onfire:
Agree 100%.  Have found great merchants there.  Taylor Farms (if I remember the name right) was one of them.  Not sure of other experiences, but so far mine have been spot on.  Seem like good folk too.
P.S. How did I screw up those quotes????

P.S.S.  Wait,now they are fixed.  I am loosing my bloody mind.

Well then someone explain me this. I received 30 seeds 27 sprouted gave away some to my friends and I kept about 5 'bhut jolokias' and they look like regular chili pepper. And I don't have reputation but please try to understand that I only want to do good deed. Fine maybe he got screwed when his seed supplier gave him seeds but why would anyone risk anymore ? You don't need to listen to me its fine really.And imagine if all people who got screwed could rate after 90 day period.

and mister ajdrew are you really trying to say that  I need 4 year of exp to warn someone about bad product ? damn. The reason I joined this forum is passion towards growing hot peppers, not rumoring. And don't worry I will take pictures to prove that I'm not some crazy kid who comes here to write bad things about people and vanish. Being few euros short is not problem problem is me wasting so much time and effort growing some ordinary chili pepper :) And you said you are Ebay seller yourself so send me the link of your Ebay page and I'll be glad to purchase some seeds from you for next growing season !

AloxVanFren said:
and mister ajdrew are you really trying to say that  I need 4 year of exp to warn someone about bad product ? damn. The reason I joined this forum is passion towards growing hot peppers, not rumoring. And don't worry I will take pictures to prove that I'm not some crazy kid who comes here to write bad things about people and vanish. Being few euros short is not problem problem is me wasting so much time and effort growing some ordinary chili pepper :) And you said you are Ebay seller yourself so send me the link of your Ebay page and I'll be glad to purchase some seeds from you for next growing season !

There is a link in his signature line of every post he makes - that links to his website for ordering !

I was forced to buy piri piri seeds on amazon this year cause no one else had them and prickly pear pads from ebay for the same reason.  I was screwed on the peppers, Im pretty sure theyre Joes long cayennes and the cactus pads worked out great.  Honestly, I was more surprised by the cactus.  The seed seller has an 87%  positive rating.  Why? because people rated them when the seeds showed up not when they grew them out and how many people even know what a piri piri looks like?  Its like recipe reviews.  You read the comments they all have 5 stars and go like this " this looks great, cant wait to try making it some day" 
IMG_0042_zpsqnls30m5.jpg
Dicks!

Back