• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Far north grow challenges

I use to live in FL where I could grow pretty much year round and have since moved to ND where temps are not in favor of growing.

What do u guys from the frozen tundra due to insure a harvest with such a short growing season for long season peppers like reapers etc?

I start mine under lights in march.....then they get topped when they get to big .....always have multiple great harvests before the first frost hits.

same, start your seeds early.

I over wintered a Carolina reaper and already have flowers, they didn't flower last year until late august but I didn't start my seeds until mid April last year. this year I started in January and already have flowers on my naga's and all the rest are starting to flower too. I already have fruit on my non Chinese too.

I'll be starting my new seeds in January again but will also be overwintering more from this year's crop.

I switched to coco and hydro nutes. I also start my plants in January/February. I have been using a 180w LED light as well.

I'm further north than ND, but not quite frozen tundra area. My grow season is around 90 days.

Neil

Examples of my plants in coco

fb19783cc26ca3841945a5e90996b751.jpg

456a8bd34ec1aa03325876f54ee5b8a2.jpg

Neil

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Malarky said:
^^^Kratky bathtub? Awesome! ;-)
Just coco, GH Flora and fabric pots. I'm trying the fabric for the first time this year. Previous years I had used plastic pots.

Neil

Nice plants! Yeah i think next year ill be growing mostly indoors until june. We have 40 degree temp swings here in ND amd I think it is severely stunting the growth of my plants. Even notice it on my basil and tomatoes.

Back