• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Fatali Gourmet Jigsaw

well he dose have cool website is a good chilli grower i agree the jigsaw looks perty B A$$ any i deas on what he crossed the moruga with to make it more potent? 2 ideas is what i have either naga, or 7pot, of some sort leaning more towards the 7 pot but not discounting any naga or jolokia reason im saying 7 pot is the thiker walls in the picture of the jigsaw but even then if moruga is king the breading back with others then would weaken the genes of corse nether fatali or puckerbutt wana realese there breading lineage last i remembrer hp22 has more asian genes than from trinidad, i think people need to say the hottest we got not world champ"think thats what gets people boiling :onfire: around here, as far as i know nice lookin pods from a cool vendor,,

I think he said it's a progeny of some early TS Morougas. I guess they were not stable when he got the seeds.

It's been bred with some other varieties too... I feel kind of bad that when you google it, this thread is the first thing that comes up in the search results :neutral:

As far as I know Chris came up with the first Morouga Scorpion or Morouga blend.
I believe they were a 7 pot Scorpion cross if I remember right.
They were hot as hell back then.

I personally think that with all the non isolated seeds traded these days and traded as whatever that now people think there are several morouga blends/scorpions.
I think that the super hot variety is probably closer to if not the original strain Chris spread around.

People who got pods that resembled the original still called it MOROUGA or MOURUGA BLEND even though it only looked like Chris's pods.
Now there seems to be a Moruga Scorpion AND a Morouga Blend.

I think due to crosses being traded etc. that the original Morouga Blend has been morphed into a couple supposed strains or varieties,considered as such anyways.

The first Morouga Blends I got from Chris were hot as heck but weren't consistant in heat.He doesn't isolate his plants.

Too many so called new strains or varieties these days are one trick ponies.

Unstable crosses that won't have the same traits as whatever they are supposed to have.

Kinda like trying to get that hot looking chick at the office to come home with you for years,when she finally does go out with you. you find out she isn't a chick...

Oh Lawdy......... here we go again. I get frustrated with all the wording anyone uses to discribe their goods or products...... one that always gets me is when they say something is "New and Improved" Now shut the front door cuz if it's new then it can't be improved right out the gate, right??? Anywho JMHO.

I will admit his plants look great and this FGJ pepper looks pretty wicked.

Carry on....................

I think he said it's a progeny of some early TS Morougas. I guess they were not stable when he got the seeds.
ok cool that at least tells us that he probably is going to have sometthing stable to put out i have seen seven pot yellows "claiming original isolated" look as follows,,,,7 pots, big habaneros, bonnets and scorpions,
all claiming isolated and unmolested, strains, the ones i grew last year looked like little scorpions 80 % had stingers on em

ok cool that at least tells us that he probably is going to have sometthing stable to put out i have seen seven pot yellows "claiming original isolated" look as follows,,,,7 pots, big habaneros, bonnets and scorpions,
all claiming isolated and unmolested, strains, the ones i grew last year looked like little scorpions 80 % had stingers on em

I'm confident he will release stable varieties. There are tons of crosses on his website and seems to know what he is doing. Nobody with a good reputation will want to send out seeds too early. I'm waiting at least 8 generations for my crosses before I consider mine stable. It takes forever but it's worth it. There is a chance the person got their seeds mixed up or have an accidental cross (perhaps pollen got through their isolation method). I've had that happen with respectable people. Most of the crosses I end up liking (a few were just terrible though).

I think I know what he may have crossed it with, but have not gotten confirmation. Not sure if I will. I believe I might have grown earlier generations of this new hybrid. He has been working on it for a long time as he states. Time will tell how hot this is. :)

Chris

well he dose have cool website is a good chilli grower i agree the jigsaw looks perty B A$$ any i deas on what he crossed the moruga with to make it more potent? 2 ideas is what i have either naga, or 7pot, of some sort leaning more towards the 7 pot but not discounting any naga or jolokia reason im saying 7 pot is the thiker walls in the picture of the jigsaw but even then if moruga is king the breading back with others then would weaken the genes of corse nether fatali or puckerbutt wana realese there breading lineage last i remembrer hp22 has more asian genes than from trinidad, i think people need to say the hottest we got not world champ"think thats what gets people boiling :onfire: around here, as far as i know nice lookin pods from a cool vendor,,

fortunately, I still have the isolated seeds from the original strain sent from Tobago Mike. :) In my opinion, the original Trinidad Scorpion 'Morouga Blend' has a very distinctive look/shape to it. There is no mistaking it. Jukka's new variety IS a cross I know for sure. We discussed it before.

Chris

As far as I know Chris came up with the first Morouga Scorpion or Morouga blend.
I believe they were a 7 pot Scorpion cross if I remember right.
They were hot as hell back then.

I personally think that with all the non isolated seeds traded these days and traded as whatever that now people think there are several morouga blends/scorpions.
I think that the super hot variety is probably closer to if not the original strain Chris spread around.

People who got pods that resembled the original still called it MOROUGA or MOURUGA BLEND even though it only looked like Chris's pods.
Now there seems to be a Moruga Scorpion AND a Morouga Blend.

I think due to crosses being traded etc. that the original Morouga Blend has been morphed into a couple supposed strains or varieties,considered as such anyways.

The first Morouga Blends I got from Chris were hot as heck but weren't consistant in heat.He doesn't isolate his plants.

Too many so called new strains or varieties these days are one trick ponies.

Unstable crosses that won't have the same traits as whatever they are supposed to have.

Kinda like trying to get that hot looking chick at the office to come home with you for years,when she finally does go out with you. you find out she isn't a chick...

New information about Jigsaw.
http://fatalii.net/growing/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=127&Itemid=130

Fatalii has uploaded video from his greenhouse.
http://youtu.be/_LwCOS9Dd3E

While I don't really like all the "hottest pepper ever" hypes, I do understand why people do it. You can only really cash in in that first season, while you're the only one selling the seeds, so the more people know about it, the better.

At least Jukka didn't resort to attacks on the competition or other foul play, I will deduct points for early announcement though. ;)

Let's hope this time we see some numbers before the seeds go on sale.

Seeds for sale on the website.... get ready to put a loan on your house !!!

min 15 Euro order and im not sure how many seeds youll get in the pack...

ive read somewhere it's 5 seeds per pack...
but not sure...

Dang it!

Now I want those seeds.

But it is a bit late to order them, wait for them, germinate them, and get them growing :(

If only he had released them a month ago.....

Yep, if indeed it is a 5 seed pack @10 euros works out to $2.60 per seed!

The pods sure look gnarly though. I think I would like to grow them....well....just because....
:)

As far as heat, is he talking about the peak or mean being tested on the pod. I myself would go on the mean(Avg) testing. Will have to wait and see what comes up.

Back