• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fatali Gourmet Jigsaw

Time to play

mmKufKW.jpg

Now i have buried the Seeds

Yay! My order showed up this afternoon, took exactly 2 weeks to get here from Finland to Southern California.
Going to start germinating them this evening :)
Tasted the few pepper fragments in the bag. Definately hot :)

Looks like 5 seeds in one, 8 seeds in the other (looks like 10 good ones in total)
Also ordered Trinidad Perfume, 7 seeds, and all look good.
Freebie of Naranga (C. baccatum) 7 seeds, all look good

IMAG1666_zpsad4f4b01.jpg

IMAG1667_zpse2924498.jpg

Wow thats kind of disappointing no pack has 10 seeds I was going to order other stuff and and some jigsaws but it seems like a waste of money now

they seem to be crushd a bit. should have more foam or bubble in the shipping enveloppe

got 3 seeds that germinate good on 3 put in a damp paper in the ziploc method.
so far so good. hope they will make it thru sumer around here...

Wow thats kind of disappointing no pack has 10 seeds I was going to order other stuff and and some jigsaws but it seems like a waste of money now

Yeah, his deal is 5 seeds.
He says on his website that 5 seeds should be enough, and that if you need more plants, either get another pack, or just make cuttings and clone them....
One pack had 8 but they were broken a bit.
Better packing would probably help.
All in all there were 10 good seeds from 2 packs.

These were expensive, but there is another variety he sells that were like 20 Euros for 5 seeds....Yikes!!!

The Trinidad Perfume, and the freebie (Naranga) both had 7 good seeds in them.

Yesterday evening I sowed 7 Jigsaw seeds, and am sending the other 3 good ones to a friend on here.
I also sowed the Perfumes and Narangas.

Hopefully those Jigsaws germ nicely!!

they seem to be crushd a bit. should have more foam or bubble in the shipping enveloppe

got 3 seeds that germinate good on 3 put in a damp paper in the ziploc method.
so far so good. hope they will make it thru sumer around here...

That is good news! 3/3 is great. If I get 3/7 I will be happy.

So is this thread going to turn into the community grow log or should someone start one in glogs?

I'm the grateful recipient of DesertChris' extra seeds. I'll put them in starting mix the day they arrive.

I figure it'll become the community grow....since Mill merged this thread with another one...lol

If we started a new one, i bet he would merge it too.

Perhaps he will move it into the glog section when we get going :onfire:

Yeah it's always about 5 seeds, which seems to be cheap, on the plus side though: Germination rates are always close to 100%, I'm a long time customer there...

OK I ordered 5 seeds (Jigsaw), one was crushed so 4 seeds in germ tray. 1st one popped in 4 or 5 days. I also got Cheiro Roxa, Murupi Amarela and White Rocoto. Many M.A. have popped, C.R. popping thru and as you guessed the Rocoto is picking up the rear. lol 5 days in about 50% of all germinated.
jigsaw0081_zpsd472750f.jpg

Wicked looking pods. A chap that I share seeds with has purchased some seed from him and they were quality seeds. But you only get 5 seeds in a pack, which is a bit light on the value in my humble opinion. Nothing to get butthurt about but definitely factored into the buying equation.

verry cool pepper indeed the more i look at it the more it looks like a naga morich X morouga cross the wedge shaped pods the pale green before they mature,90% sure thats what its bred with awsome cross should be a scorcher in heat like MS, and production of podsLike Naga M, plus the deep red color from the moruga is nice ,,,what do yall think it is,,

I'm at about 12 days, and have had one seed pop out of all 3 varieties from Fatalii.....
I messed up my germ tray chart a little, so that one sprout is either a Jigsae, or a Naranga...
When it grows a little, I should be able to tell which one it is.

This guy needs a marketer.

I'm assuming that's tongue-in-cheek? :)

He seems to have it pretty well figured out.

I am intrigued by the promise of taste in the madness, but can't imagine that the heat doesn't overwhelm the flavor for any sane culinary purpose. And I mean this in the general sense. Meaning, certain very hot peppers still have a taste profile to be able to complement/supplement/sign a dish off. I can't imagine that profile comes through in this case with the minute amount of powder being used in order to control for heat.

Shrug.

Back