• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fatali Peppers

I was just curious if you guys find Fatali's to be relatively low producers.

I have a large fatali plant in the ground which I havent gotten many ripe pods or fruit to set.
The Red Savina, Chocolate Habs and red scotch bonnets around it are or were all loaded at some point.
I also have 2 other plants in pots that are about 2 1/2 ft tall and the first set of blossoms have dropped.

It figures it would be one of the varieties I am not getting many pods because its one of my favorites for flavor.

FTB...maybe the plant is just teasing you and will surprise you near the end of the season. I know it's wishful thinking but here's to hoping that's the case. Best of luck to you and happy growing ;)

My fatalii is a low producer as well. Only have about 4 or 5 on there. I hope it picks up over the summer.

jacob

My Fatali plants were very good producers, I wouldn't know exactly how much they gave me but it was a lot. I still have some ready for picking and we're in the dead of winter here.

Hard to compare Fataliis to Red Savinas and Scotch Bonnets. In my experience, Red Savinas and Scotch Bonnets seem to always produce in huge amounts, even on smaller plants.

This is my first go at Fatalii,,and I only set out 4 plants.. but they have 100's of pods,they are looking like they're gonna be a bear to keep up with!but on the other hand I have huge plants like Trinidad perfume and Morouga blend with no flowers at all?
I hope yours break out of the funk and go crazy!
Kevin

My fatalii last year gave me around 40 pods. I have two this year; one has four or five blossoms, and the other has none so far. I haven't given up hope, but man it's been a tough year. Hottest June in Washington DC history, and now it's going to break 100 for the next few days. Unbelievable. Handfuls of dropped blossoms every day.

My fatalii last year gave me around 40 pods. I have two this year; one has four or five blossoms, and the other has none so far. I haven't given up hope, but man it's been a tough year. Hottest June in Washington DC history, and now it's going to break 100 for the next few days. Unbelievable. Handfuls of dropped blossoms every day.

My Fatalii last year also produced around 40 pods.
Its a beautifull plant but I had some issues with flower drop because of high temps and aphids and lack of insect pollinization.
This year its the smaller of all my plants and its the only one that doesn't show any sings of flowering...
She better pick up the pace with the others soon.

Bleash

Fataliis always produce fairly well for me. Last season I got about 4+lbs of pods per plant by the end of the season, but they do sometimes start out a bit slow

Only thing I can think of is the heat perhaps. Daytime temps have in the 90's and probably wont let up untill late October.
But arent they from Africa? I would imagine its also very hot in Africa.

My fataliis produce pretty good for me. Savinas and scotch bonnet produce good for me too.
Maybe its time to punish it or move it in a different spot fade.lol

I got about 150 pods each out of my 3 Fatalii's last year, but things are going very slowly this year due to the heat. My late start also hurt, didn't sow seeds until March. I have to plant Chinense in January from now on.

I feel ya one THAT, bigT. I live in the mountainds of NC, and I planted some late as well. They're doing well, but I SHOULD be getting ready to start pickin. Instead I'm watching and waiting...

Only thing I can think of is the heat perhaps. Daytime temps have in the 90's and probably wont let up untill late October.
But arent they from Africa? I would imagine its also very hot in Africa.

They are believed to be from Africa, and 100F (38C) is fairly common here in Summer, though averages are more like 27C...

Perhaps very high temps after fairly low ones is what does the damage?

Back