vendor Fatalii.net

They had a good selection of pubes so I thought I would order some... Not what I expected.
I ordered turbo pubes. One package had three seeds. The other had pieces of seed and three seeds. Two orders 6 seeds. The other orders had 6-8 seeds each. They threw in some stickers and "mystery seeds". If they had something I wanted I would order from them but otherwise I would go somewhere else.

This pains me because they have a great site that got me into hydroponics. I hope it was just bad help and not something systematic.

just an fyi on the red flesh thing....

I just got seeds out of a chocolate habanero which was chocolate and yet inside it still had orange flesh, especially near the seeds and the little flesh stuck to them was a red/orange color.

Not sure if that applies to the seeds from fatalii. But thats my experience with a brown pepper.

Robisburning said:
The Black naga and the Douglah both turned red.
Did the above two change directly from green to red?

I grew various brown C.chinense varieties from a three different sources (not Jukka) and found that in season long, hot and dry enough the fruit went from green to brown. Then by about a month later they ended up a tinted red. The varieties were:
  • Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
  • Habanero Chocolate
  • Jamaican Hot Chocolate
  • Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate
The brown appears to be an intermediary ripening phase.

My douglah went straight to red, a deep red.  The black naga went purple in the sun first before going bright red. 

I ate a douglah in small pieces a few days ago and it wasn't that hot, ~100,000, it was the first one off the plant so they might get hotter.  I had a small bit of one of the Nagas the next day (also first off that plant) and it wrecked me, Today I picked my first Moruga (different source) and a sliver destroyed my soul, worse than the naga by a mile.  I am a bit of a super hot wimp but the sampling thus far suggests the Naga is much hotter than the Douglah.  The Naga is also proving insanely prolific (the douglah also has about 15 pods on it) whereas the moruga dropped a lot of fruit and the pod I picked is the only one to stay on the plant through to maturity.

I would definitely grow whatever the 'Naga' breed is again. 

MX5inpa, thank you for that tip, I was not aware of that.

Back