• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Fatalii Pot Roast

I didnt think to take pics as the process went down, but I started off with a huge chunk of roast, and marinated it in some wine, garlic, onions, some of my bhut vinegar, 3 fatalii peppers, and some other spices and seasonings. Let it sit in the fridge for 3 days. Got up early this morning and threw it in the pressure cooker with some water, beef stock, 5 cloves of garlic chopped, 2 onions sliced long, about 20 small baby red potatoes, and about 3 1/2 cups sliced carrots. Diced another 2 fataliis and put them in the pot too. Again, this was with a blend of spices and seasonings, including some calvins 2.0. Last of all, I threw in the meat, turned it on, and cooked it for about 9 hours. Here are the results.

Finished cooking.
PotRoast001.jpg

Glam shot
PotRoast003.jpg

Glam shot 2
PotRoast004.jpg

It was delicious. Had me sweating for a sec. Im about 3 bowls into it now. Miserably satisfied right now.

Sounds terrific. I always add some peppers in with my venison roasts. Just gives it that warm glowing heat.

Im still eating on this bad boy. I make em with lots of broth. The meat has long since met its fate, and now Im have some awesome soup and stuff. Loved it.

It is probably all gone by now, but that looked great.

Question for this statement ". Got up early this morning and threw it in the pressure cooker with some water, beef stock, 5 cloves of garlic chopped, 2 onions sliced long, about 20 small baby red potatoes, and about 3 1/2 cups sliced carrots. Diced another 2 fataliis and put them in the pot too. Again, this was with a blend of spices and seasonings, including some calvins 2.0. Last of all, I threw in the meat, turned it on, and cooked it for about 9 hours. Here are the results."

9 hrs in a pressure cooker? or the crock pot?

Poor some of that broth into ice cube trays for future use. That is just too good to let this meal go.

It is a crock pot. I grew up calling them pressure cookers. It has a vent so I guess that makes it a crock pot. I actually froze about a 1/4 gallon of the broth for later use. I love the fatalii flavor!

It is a crock pot. I grew up calling them pressure cookers. It has a vent so I guess that makes it a crock pot. I actually froze about a 1/4 gallon of the broth for later use. I love the fatalii flavor!

Pressure cookers have vents (relief valves) and lids that lock into place.....crock pots (or slow cookers) have regular lids just like a regular pot.

Back