• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fatalii x Chocolate Bhut Jolokia F1, F2

Great looking pod! You can sow them right away, can't you? You don't necessarily have too dry them before you sow them, right?

Yes you can sow them right out of the pod! They might even germinate faster being as they're already hydrated.

As an experiment, I put about 15 seeds fresh out of a pod today in some medium I already have warming up for some other seeds. I will dry out the seeds in the pic above as planned and then plant them... I'm thinking a week or so ought to do it.

Love the flavor of bhuts..
Love fataliis..

MAN that pod sure sounds tasty!
Good luck with the F2s

Id be willing to bet you have a waiting list of people wanting seeds right now lol.

Brandon

Well, I only have a handful of F1 seeds at this point, but I have three F1 seedlings growing which I will put in the ground once the season starts. I should get a ton of pods and F2 seeds to share off of those. As for the F2 seed I have now, I'm going to attempt to germinate as many as I can for this grow season to find what I'm looking for...

One of the F2 plants is putting out brown pods:
IMG_20120912_182907.jpg

IMG_20120912_183033.jpg

Wow that's a fat pod. How was the taste. On Thr orange one Did it have any indications of being citrus like the fatalii ?! Keep us posted sg on the flavor on this
Chocolate f2. If it is citruscy. Looking for cirrus flavor rather heat. N. thanks

Denniz

Oddly, even though it is brown, it did have a citrus thing going on. I'll pay more attention on the next pod that ripens...

Those look Awsome if you decide to let go of some seeds I am interested.

Jason
Wow that's a fat pod. How was the taste. On Thr orange one Did it have any indications of being citrus like the fatalii ?! Keep us posted sg on the flavor on this
Chocolate f2. If it is citruscy. Looking for cirrus flavor rather heat. N. thanks

Denniz

I think I'll give away seeds to anyone keeping a glog in 2013... I selfishly want to see how they turn out...

Cool thread. The brown one is crazy looking, I vote you name it "Wet Dog Turd".

edit: Oh yeah, I'll be doing a grow log this coming year as well. I'm new but would love to give it a try.

Back