Fav non american piss beer?

What do you mean by "piss beer" ? You mean "pils" or "crap beer" ?

I love all German's beers, but unfortunately I will never have enough of a life time to try them all ... :(

PHB said:
What do you mean by "piss beer" ? You mean "pils" or "crap beer" ?

I love all German's beers, but unfortunately I will never have enough of a life time to try them all ... :(
let me explain, i think this may be an American term and may not be used anywhere else

over here we have brewery that produce quality beers and the focus is on Quality then you have others that focus mostly on quantity and quality get thrown by the wayside or at least for the most part(mostly adjunct lagers and there bought at cheaper prices) this is what we call PISS BEER quite frankly it resembles it and in some cases if you never tasted piss you will get a good idea after you have had one, i remember when i was younger i used to pinch my nose to drink it but i would, it was just for getting wasted on(i avoid it now as much as i can)
 these beers are rightly colored because they dont have to stop to change colors on the way out LOL
so yes the answer is yes CRAP BEER
hope this help some
thanks your friend Joe

Reactions: PHB
Ok, so that's what we call "cat's piss" in French ("pisse de chat"). And I think we are the champion for making the worst piss beer on earth. Check this :

21287-biere-kronembourg-blonde-25cl.jpg

This is basically water. You can drink a pack of 32 alone, you will never get drunk (except if you are 14 years old) and that what bricklayers drink all day long when they make a wall (they also usually put the bottles in the wall ...).

That's imo the worst beer with 33 Export :

2784271897_41034cbe3f.jpg

yup you got it right !! and in my fathers case Horse he says beer is beer it all comes from the same horse
well there is no accounting for taste on his part that's for sure (LOL sorry DAD)

also i had a French friend many years ago tell me the same thing about  French Beer, i remember him say, if you ever go to France dont drink the beer you will be sorry you did, drink the wine instead

thanks your friend Joe
PHB said:
Ok, so that's what we call "cat's piss" in French ("pisse de chat"). And I think we are the champion for making the worst piss beer on earth. Check this :

21287-biere-kronembourg-blonde-25cl.jpg

This is basically water. You can drink a pack of 32 alone, you will never get drunk (except if you are 14 years old) and that what bricklayers drink all day long when they make a wall (they also usually put the bottles in the wall ...).

That's imo the worst beer with 33 Export :

2784271897_41034cbe3f.jpg

Reactions: PHB
Carlsberg (Denmark) Jupiler (belgium) Alken-Maes (Belgium) these 3 have about the same alcohol % and are blond beers
Grimbergen (dark) (Belgium)

German beer is also piss beer in our eyes (Belgium)

Duvel (blond beer) real strong and still fermenting on the bottle, u absoluteley CAN NOT drink 10 of those in an hour without throwing up,
many games are held here in Belgium about this Duvel, none EVER was won by a contestant, and we are beer drinkers here! Great taste aswell.

Heineken (holland) is piss beer, Guinness is cold coffee

Coudent agree more with JayT and PHB from older posts!!!

Cheers and rock on (now drinking Draeckenier beer, a regional TOP beer from Aalst, Belgium but unknown in the rest of Belgium and the world!!)

When I was working over in Ukraine, a co-worker recomended a local beer called "Жигули Барное" (Zhiguli Tavern beer). Relly nice taste and smooth. And it cost about $0.60 a bottle.

jm.jpg

Stella Artois is always good too.

Bottle_Stella_03.jpg8ebfa120-dcf8-46a8-aece-585f6791bb8bLarger.jpg

i forever changed my mind about Guinness Draught, i know i said it was OK but i found it tasted almost identical to the stuff on tap at the restaurant across the street where my wife and i where staying, i can safely say i now love it, it kinda grew on me, during my vacation there were few beers where i was that i really liked and i took a very meager ration of Smuttynose robust porter and Lancaster milk stout, the IGA market beer store in Hawley Pa (home area of Tyler Dodd) had a good selection but as i said i dont drink alot but i am quite picky, my six i brought was soon exhausted when the rainy weather came with violent thunder and lightning for 2 days!!! :rolleyes: :tear: :mad:
so yeah its the top of my list for non American Piss beer but for me its far from piss in my humble opinion

thanks your friend joe

Grolsch guy here. Also Bitburger, Warsteiner, and Hertog Jan.

It's "Oranjeboom" not "orangeboom" (means "Orange tree").

labatt ice
steel reserve 211
PBR
colt 45
Gennesee cream ale
but i really dont like to drink this stuff and for as often as i do drink i always try to make it a good one ;) :party:

Guinness Foreign Extra for a mainstream beer. Its the best Guinness beer imo, and the one that comes closest to the original version.
I like quite a few different types, and the best ones I have had I cannot pronounce the name or remember its spelling. Some notables I can remember are Samuel Smith's, Leffe, Sierra Navada and Shipyard make a few I like,Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat is nice, Grolsch, some combos like the chocolate banana Split, which is Half Samuel Smiths Organic Chocolate Stout, and half Wells Banana Nut bread beer... Now that is a combo. I also like a good half and half. Prefer Guinness foreign extra with Bass. Many really good real beers out there to remember them all, I like to try different ones I have never had before, along with going back to old classics.

Paulaner, DAB, Bitburger, Grolsch (NL), Beck's, Veltins, Hofbräu, Erdinger, Kronenbourg Alsace (FR), Hertog Jan (NL), Ursus (RO), Hostan (CZ), Diekircher (LU)...

To name a few..

To be honest I don't like beers like Heineken, Krombacher, Amstel, Urquell, Jupiler, Stella Artois etc which are strangely popular on the international market.. But than again, I still have horror nightmares of the beers like Bud Light, Budweiser, etc that you guys brought to Germany.

Back