• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

favorite Favorite Heartbreaking Dawns hot sauce?

Me too Ann!  Brought up a couple HBD from the bench last night. 

Thinking the HBD pear-ghost sauce might be the one for gobbles on turkey day. 

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but...

Our local grocery store has all their HBD hot sauces marked as BOGO. So for the first time in a while, I was compelled to pick up some 1498.
Wow, I forgot how good this stuff is!
You just have to love a sauce that's nice and thick and heavy on the scotch bonnets.
I think I'll go back and buy them out later this week (if there's any left on the shelf).  :party:

I love my bottle of Fervor, the sweet fruity flavour is just amazing. However it isn't thick at all, quite thin and runny so sometimes I overdose a bit

Timely bump to this topic: when I was a hobby maker, I counted HBD's 1498 and High River's TOTS as two of my personal favorites.  Now I'm on a list with them! 

https://www.theedgelb.com/entertainment/haute-hot-sauce/

The author took a couple of editorial liberties - he had asked "how did you get started", so my 1st quote was in reference to 12-13 years ago when I first started making sauce as a hobby. I don't still think this is the case. Also, I have great respect for both Sriracha & Tabasco - while I do believe the sauce world is opening up to more gourmet profiles, he kinda put words in my mouth with that comment. 

That said, it's cool to make his top 5 out of all the great stuff at that event, and indeed, I believe I posted that Heartbreaking Dawn's 1498 was my favorite of HBD's sauce earlier in this topic. Seems it was the author's as well. :cheers: 
Neel said:
I love my bottle of Fervor, the sweet fruity flavour is just amazing. However it isn't thick at all, quite thin and runny so sometimes I overdose a bit

That's still one of my favorites - I love the solid gold bling'd out label too. Really nice sweetness that balances the heat. One of the few really sweet sauces I'm a fan of. I took a bottle home with me from the 2014 NY Hot Sauce Expo and I still have about 1/4 left - it doesn't take much! 

Back