• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

favorite Favorite pepper?

D3monic said:

Taste: Yellow Moa bonnet, bahamian goat, 7pot burgundy, aji pineapple, orange wild brazil, paper lantern hab, pablano

I've never had a scotch bonnet. So this is my bonnet year. I'm growing MOA yellow, TFM, Papa Joes, and Foodarama. Really excited about them!

I wasn't able to get 7 Pot Burgundy or Wild Brazil seeds, but those are on my to-get-list. I might order a live Wild Brazil but I don't know if that's orange?..

Poblano is probably my favorite Annuum. Don't hear much love for that one.

I planted a wiri wiri this year.. it stopped growing before its first true leaves came.. it was wierd. It didnt curl up and die, they got large, nice dark green.. then they just sat there doing nothing for weeks
I planted a wiri wiri this year.. it stopped growing before its first true leaves came.. it was wierd. It didnt curl up and die, they got large, nice dark green.. then they just sat there doing nothing for weeks

Tried a yellow devils tonge yesterday and that was spectacular.

My favorite peppers for sauce would be the bahm goat, for snacking criolla sella and tabasco, salsa definiatly  criolla sella and aji cito

This year with all the new varieties I'm growing a new favorite I'm sure will emerge and knock off the chocolate fatalii as my #1. I'm growing several new Aji's and with the bahamian goat, MOA's and scotch bonnets I'm sure there will be a new favorite pepper for 2016. 

These are my 5 favorites (so far) ranked from sweet to superhot

Sweet Temptation : a smallish early elongated OP sweet orange pepper, all purpose

Mariachi f1:  a hybrid  improvement on Santa Fe Grande, great on the grill

Arledge: 2" red early ripening chile. rich sweet hot flavor

pimento d cheiro: s small fruited (and plant size) early yellow chinense that lives up to it's name "smell pepper", great aroma fresh or dried

7 pot white:  my favorite superhot for delicious flavors, meaty juicy fruits, and decent productivity in the northeast

EvanWilliams1988 said:
Antillais Red Habanero,very sweet,fruity flavor,with fatalli level heat.

How do they compare to the regular Caribbean Red Habanero? They sound like something I may want to add to my grow next year. I would not describe the Caribbean Reds I grew a few years ago as very sweet and fruity, but they were pretty good.

cloudhand said:

How do they compare to the regular Caribbean Red Habanero? They sound like something I may want to add to my grow next year. I would not describe the Caribbean Reds I grew a few years ago as very sweet and fruity, but they were pretty good.
In my opinion they seemed they have a similar flavor,but,are a bit sweeter,hotter and fruitier.
They're also quite large.
Almost the size of a Red Congo.

EvanWilliams1988 said:
In my opinion they seemed they have a similar flavor,but,are a bit sweeter,hotter and fruitier.
They're also quite large.
Almost the size of a Red Congo.

They sound to me like an improved Caribbean Red Hab... I'm sold! Would you be interested in a seed trade?

cloudhand said:

They sound to me like an improved Caribbean Red Hab... I'm sold! Would you be interested in a seed trade?
I prefer them to the standard Caribbean Red.
They replaced my Caribbean Reds about 5 years ago.

Justosmo said:
I was a fan of the chocolate Bhuts I got last year. I'm trying to grow from seeds but I started real late.

I'm still still starting peppers, including Chinense. I'll just keep them in solo cups / 1 gallons and overwinter them for next season. I sprout indoors at random times lol

Spicy Mushroom said:

I'm still still starting peppers, including Chinense. I'll just keep them in solo cups / 1 gallons and overwinter them for next season. I sprout indoors at random times lol
Honesty I was considering keeping the four or six best plants from my own late sprouts and keeping them indoors as a pet project.

Back