• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

FB's 2017 Grow

Happy New Year Folks.  The official, unofficial list is below.  Hope everyone has a great upcoming season, Keep It green

Scotch Brain A+ F4
Scotch Brain Long A+ F5
TFM Yellow A+
7 pod Mustard A+ 
UBSC Brown A+
RedGum Tiger
PeachGum Tiger
BBG7 Peach
BBG7 White "small" F2
BBG7 White "large" F2
BBG7 Creamy Mustard F2
BBG7 Caramel "Burgandy"
BBG7 Cluster
BBG7 True Orange 
BBG7 Tobago Treasure 
BBG7 Naga Peach
BBG7 Naga Orange 
BBG7 X Reaper
BBG7 X HP50
BBG7 Yellow - Big and Bumpy
BBG7 Yellow - Smooth

Ulupica XL "yellow"
Pineapple Rocoto
Rocoto Lima MKT # 1
Aji Ahuachapau
Hatch
Shishito
Islander

The following are some of my crosses I've decided to grow this upcoming season.

TFM Yellow X Yellow BBG7 
TFM Yellow X OrangeGum Tiger 
TFM Yellow X PeachGum Tiger V2 
MOA Yellow X OrangeGum Tiger 
Scotch Brain Long X Yellow BBG7 
Scotch Brain X PeachGum Tiger 
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp X Yellow BBG7 
Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp X OrangeGum Tiger
Jalafeugo-Jalapeno X Yellow BBG7
Shishito X Yellow BBG7
SBS Purple Ornamental X Yellow BBG7
UBSC Brown X OrangeGum Tiger
UBSC Brown X Yellow BBG7
(HRSxCBBG) X Yellow BBG7
Hot Rod Serrano X Chocolate BBG7  F2
(Pink Tiger x CBBG) X Peachgum Tiger V2
Pink Tiger X PBR  F2
Chocolate BBG7 X CGN21566 "orange" F2
CGN215xxx X CBBG7 F2
(HRSxCBBG) purple pheno X PeachGum Tiger V2
(HRSxCBBG) purple pheno X Yellow BBG7
Billy Goat X Yellow BBG7
7 Wes Mustard X PeachGum Tiger V2
HRS X Maui Purple F2
HRS X CBBG purple pheno F2

Cheers 

Still haven't gotten a ripe pod off the large bodied hot rod serrano x maui purple

AUdi7V5.jpg

pods are huge

QWbUZxt.jpg

Other pheno very bright red

xWGK3yM.jpg

Very similar to serrano but got the neat black pods 
BEr9rXP.jpg

D3monic said:
Still haven't gotten a ripe pod off the large bodied hot rod serrano x maui purple

AUdi7V5.jpg

pods are huge

QWbUZxt.jpg

Other pheno very bright red

xWGK3yM.jpg

Very similar to serrano but got the neat black pods 
BEr9rXP.jpg
Those look great, I love the plant with large pods. Save a few seeds for me please, I will grow that one next year for sure. I have three very different phenos, but none with pods that big. Cheers

meatfreak said:
Wow all the stuff is looking good, curious if your BBG7 White Large goes white (again).
Hey buddy thanks for stopping by, I hope they turn white  :D  I know my BBG white "small" is white again this year so crossing fingers for the large. Will post pics when they ripen, cheers. 

Some random shots from this morning.

Patch shot- 
1.jpg

2.jpg

HRS X MP - these taste great unripe- just like a fruity serrano 
4.jpg

One of my scotch bonnet crosses 
5.jpg

Billy Goat x Yellow BBG
7.jpg

Two different pheno's of Scotch Brain F4
8.jpg

9.jpg

UBSC Brown x Yellow BBG- hope they turn yellow-  or anything other then red i'll be happy..haha
10.jpg

Two different pheno's of my Shishito x Yellow BBG- I actually have 4 different phenos and will post pics of them all when ripe
3.jpg

11.jpg

Aji Ahuachapa - nice big pods like last year
12.jpg

Ulupica XL yellow - 
13.jpg

Floor pepper # 2 with some nice pods- looking forward to seeing what color they will turn- 
14.jpg

15.jpg

Thanks for looking my friends, keep it green. 

Thegreenchilemonster said:
You've got a very lush garden there! How is the flavor on the ulupica pods?

Thanks buddy, the ulupica yellow taste just like a good yellow rocoto. They are only about the size of a quarter but very sweet,juicy and pretty dang hot. 
Devv said:
Very impressive grow!

I see all the plants are loaded up really well, and they have time to ripen.

How long before the weather gets you? I was in NY last week and surprised by how cool it was. At least 10-15° off the normal highs.
Thank you sir. The nights have been cool here it seems all summer- last month we had some temps in the 40's. Our first frost date is usually between Oct 1-10. Hopefully closer the the 10th  :D  but we've also had frost in September so it's a crap shoot.  

FreeportBum said:
Some random shots from this morning.

Patch shot- 
attachicon.gif
1.jpg
attachicon.gif
2.jpg
HRS X MP - these taste great unripe- just like a fruity serrano 
attachicon.gif
4.jpg
One of my scotch bonnet crosses 
attachicon.gif
5.jpg
Billy Goat x Yellow BBG
attachicon.gif
7.jpg
Two different pheno's of Scotch Brain F4
attachicon.gif
8.jpg
attachicon.gif
9.jpg
UBSC Brown x Yellow BBG- hope they turn yellow-  or anything other then red i'll be happy..haha
attachicon.gif
10.jpg
Two different pheno's of my Shishito x Yellow BBG- I actually have 4 different phenos and will post pics of them all when ripe
attachicon.gif
3.jpg
attachicon.gif
11.jpg
Aji Ahuachapa - nice big pods like last year
attachicon.gif
12.jpg
Ulupica XL yellow - 
attachicon.gif
13.jpg
Floor pepper # 2 with some nice pods- looking forward to seeing what color they will turn- 
attachicon.gif
14.jpg
attachicon.gif
15.jpg

Thanks for looking my friends, keep it green. 

Man! You've got some Jinormous pods there D, and some really cool shapes! Have you seen any color at all yet? Things are finally starting to kick over here, so yours should too in another week or so. Cheers!

stickman said:

Man! You've got some Jinormous pods there D, and some really cool shapes! Have you seen any color at all yet? Things are finally starting to kick over here, so yours should too in another week or so. Cheers!
Hi Rick thanks for stopping by, I've only picked a few ripe chinense pods so far.  The later start goes with a later harvest but I still think it's going to work out great for me and what I'm after. I would guess by Sept 1 everything here should be starting to ripen up well, it's already looking like I am going to have way more peppers then I can possibly use or giveaway..lol  Cheers my friend 

D3monic said:
Finally turning ripe, haven't tasted one yet. going to make them into a smoked powder with the other pheno

qVQY8Wj.jpg
Man those are really cool! save me some seeds please. I hope they taste good, if you get a chance I would love to try them fresh. I have a box going out to you soon of some really cool stuff. Cheers 

FreeportBum said:
Man those are really cool! save me some seeds please. I hope they taste good, if you get a chance I would love to try them fresh. I have a box going out to you soon of some really cool stuff. Cheers 

I plan on sending some once the other crosses start to ripen. Been waiting forever on the el scorponeros and D3 goats. 

FreeportBum said:
no rush and thanks. those yellow pods 1010 is growing of yours look really cool. I still can't believe how big your hrsxmp pods are, it would be awesome if they taste good. 

yea hopefully they do, I like the other pheno. Very much like its serrano parent. I have a volunteer in the garden with dark foliage growing right where the f1 (or was it f2 I forget) did last year. Hasn't developed any pods yet though. Curious to see how that one turns out. 

FreeportBum said:
Hi Rick thanks for stopping by, I've only picked a few ripe chinense pods so far.  The later start goes with a later harvest but I still think it's going to work out great for me and what I'm after. I would guess by Sept 1 everything here should be starting to ripen up well, it's already looking like I am going to have way more peppers then I can possibly use or giveaway..lol  Cheers my friend 

Very cool! I'm anticipating what you're gonna do with all those pods already. ;) :drooling:

Back