• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

[Feb 27] What are you working on this week? Group activity log

Got a little yard work done this morning...adding some compost and mulch to my garden bed and a few young fruit trees in the front yard. Getting ready for the explosion of growth that's about to start happening all around my house!

It nice to have a day off work! Thankful for Mardi Gras.

Now, I'm about to go over to my brother's house for a crawfish boil. I'm going to have to dig out a few peppers from the freezer to drop in the pot.

Slug said:
Trotting off to the store for some wettable sulfur, because the Forest Ocean I put my seedlings into this year obviously came with a healthy dose of broad mites.  :(  (The one problem with starting early in a grow tent is that every plant pretty much immediately gets whatever any one plant has.)  Shouldn't set me back much, though.  I've already got flowers coming in on the Fatalii, Primos, and BBG-7's and I can't even pot them up from the solo cups until it gets warmer out.

If you want to succeed long-term and you're currently checking your weight more than once a week, stop doing that.  Pick one day.  That day is weigh and measure day each week, first thing when you get up.  (Because you should be logging measurements, too.)  Good luck and stick with it.  If you've been mostly sedentary, you're going to be gaining muscle while you lose fat at first and it won't necessarily look like you're going the right direction at all times.  Obsessing over how much you have or haven't lost short-term is a recipe for staying chunky long-term.  Cheers.
Thanks, last time I got serious I went from 236 to 160 doing paleo and p90x

As for the mites, My bag of ocean forest was in greenhouse for several month. When I opened it there was some fungus gnats in it. I put one those fabric grocery bags in the bucket, filled it with soil then poured boiling water over it and put a lid on it for several hours. Pulled the bag out, squeezed out extra liquid and used. Haven't had a single gnat pop up.

I realize this probably killed any beneficial bacteria as well

Gemini Crow Sauce Company said:
1. just sent my new green verde sauce sample to my co-packer. hope it will be ready to go for the nyc hot sauce expo.
2. finishing up new label design.
3. new banner for my tent, for upcoming event season.
4. new promotional post card.
5. finishing up wholesale sheet to start invading retail.
6. not much really....

Nice!

Anytime I start seeds I have to get a fresh bag of FFOF because of the mites, gnats, and other critters that love moving into a partial bag of the stuff.
It's worth it though because my naga brains and fataali's are shooting out of the soil. Choc hab and savina seeds are a little older but they're starting to peek out too now.

Right now I'm getting ready to mix my soil for planting up in a couple weeks. I like to get it all blended tgether and let is sit for a week or longer so the microbes are happy by the time I use the soil. I use a base of cinder soil for good drainage and amend the crap out of it with year-old mulch, old chicken manure, rabbit manure, and happy frog all purpose fert. Also mix in a heavy dose of DE and a little ag lime to control ph.

Works pretty good for my area

Put in 90 miles on my new bike Sunday and Monday, pics in the running, biking, camping thread. Today I worked in the nursery. Dehydrating 8 pounds of peppers for powder. Tomorrow - Friday. Ill be doing my interstate gig. Saturday I will be on some kind of bike for a long time.

SAUCE!!! :dance:

I'd left some bottled sauces at the Grange Hall after the hot sauce class a couple weeks ago for their Mardi Gras fundraiser dinner. The Grange Ladies asked if I could make more so they could have a bottle on each table.  Here's some Bayou Sunshine, Gator Breath and an end bottle of Nightmares that got packaged up yesterday for a contest.  Supposed to have gone to work today, but I bagged that to play in the kitchen. :lol:

IMG_5934.JPG

Nightmares sauce.....:eek:
IMG_5933.JPG

Lots of folks planting now....we gotta get that going also~ 

I'm trying my first attempt at Air Layering on a Brazilian Starfish.

And just maintaining the rest of last years plants. I can't wait till they get to go outside.

And finally, cloning the clones I took from last year for a couple of planters I made. Around the outside, it's mostly Coleus, with a Persian Shield, Irisene, and a still unidentified plant. On the inside is new peppers for this year along with some herbs and a couple of flowers I don't know the name of.

salsalady said:
SAUCE!!! :dance:

I'd left some bottled sauces at the Grange Hall after the hot sauce class a couple weeks ago for their Mardi Gras fundraiser dinner. The Grange Ladies asked if I could make more so they could have a bottle on each table.  Here's some Bayou Sunshine, Gator Breath and an end bottle of Nightmares that got packaged up yesterday for a contest.  Supposed to have gone to work today, but I bagged that to play in the kitchen. :lol:

attachicon.gif
IMG_5934.JPG    

Gator Breath is a great name...

Thanks, Gem~  It's a basic cayenne and vinegar sauce, but I wanted a fun name for the Mardi Gras theme.  Best I could do on quick notice~  :lol:   

Back