• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fert overdose

Has anyone ever overdosed on fert

I really should start listening to you guys instead of listening to myself
A happy plant is a happy plant leave it alone right?

I did and I learned my lesson. I was using a fert that I've never used before and got confused on the amount to be used. It set my plants back more than a month. I am always super careful now.

Yep, if they look happy then let them be. I over loved a couple plants early this season and they are no longer part of my grow list...learned my lesson.

I did that in the beginning of this growing season :whistle: if your plants are in pots you can flush it out with water worked on mine just fine. A slow flowing gardenhose for 40 min or 5 times the volume of the pot should do it. Good luck hope they can still be saved

HAVE I ?!?!
Hell yeah.

You start thinking that more fertilizer will make the plant grow bigger and better and stronger and faster. And when the fertilizer is concentrated it looks small and harmless.
You just have to let them grow and wait.

Like your avatar Lando :rofl:

i killed 3 plants earlier this season by not paying attention to what i was doing with ferts! lesson learned all the other plants are growing just fie.
Eric

Me too! I started some Serranos, Yellow 7's. CARDI yellow scorpions, Trinidad Perfumes, and a few others nice and early this past February. They were going to be "my babies". I thought I would give them some good ol fish emulsion from the local garden shop....must have measured wrong, or got a bad brand, because I toasted 90% of them after that! A few managed to pull through but most ended up completely fried.

"Overdosed"......yea, but the "rehab" brought them back to life. Learned years back indoors when I had 1000 watt'ers running I decided to foliar feed with fish emulsion, moral of the story: vege feed after the grow lite cycle is off!

so I flushed it alot and changed my baby into a soil with nothing just a pure organic soil

I am thinking if calling dr drew and getting into a good 12 step

My first year I actually used miracle grow with fert and all but a few died. Then I did a TON of research on soils / fert and now use a 5-2-2 for growing and 2-5-2 for fruiting once a month.

well she still looks good real skinny lady now lol
The stems still look great no spotting so I am hoping that maybe my over checking her maybe paid off in that I caught it quick enough

Well thanks to a successful flushing and soil change I have seen 2 new leaves growing at the base so I think she will be ok

Back