• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

fertilizer fertilizer

Sorry about the dumb questions this is my first time growin peppers. At what point should I feed. What should I feed. How often.
1836794_10201566726438590_2031447798_o_zpsaf0039bd.jpg

Seedlings and seeds

Rymerpt

I usually start feeding 1/4 strength fert when they get their second set of true leaves. Peppers don't like alot of fertilizer just feed them something with a balanced nutrient number like 10-10-10.

I'm new also but I have been using a seedling fertilizer by mirical grow I think it's 2-15-4 half strength and have not had any adverse effects but I have no past experience to judge if it's doing much. Good luck!

As said above peppers like the balanced ferts, but for seedlings I always go with a 5-1-1 fish fertilizer at about 1/4th strength. I wait until they get their second or third set of leaves on them and start.

Once they grow up a bit, maybe 3 inches I start with a semi balanced fertilizer. My NPK fertilizer is close to balanced something like 5-4-5 I think and my micronutrients are all over the places, But Ca, Mg, Cu, and S are my really main micronutrients that seem to help the most.

Get your plants and a good schedule and they will be awesome for you. Get them on an unbalanced schedule of ferts and they may be a bit hotter but not as good of producers.

I just use regular old miracle-gro plant food (15-30-15) at 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water from the time I plant the seeds till I plant them in the garden. Small plants just need enough to eat to keep them from being deficient in anything. The high Phosphorus in the plant food helps give the plants a good root system in the cups I use.

Back