• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Fertilizing and rain...

So today, I gave my seedlings a half dose of Fish Emulsion and then about 15-20min later, it rained heavy. It rained heavy on and off the whole day.

Should I fertilize them again the following day if the rain has stopped? Or, should I just wait a week and then fertilize?

Thanks

I think you should wait a week. Seedlings do not need fertilizing anyway, but that fish emulsion can't hurt and rain is great for them.
What type of ground are they in? do you use compost?

Zoli said:
I think you should wait a week. Seedlings do not need fertilizing anyway, but that fish emulsion can't hurt and rain is great for them.
What type of ground are they in? do you use compost?
I fertilized them because they're starting to look a greenish yellow color. Gave them a half dose to help them out.

They're in regular potting mix.

OKGrowin said:
Rain is good for them, just leave em alone lol

yellowing they might want some epsom salt / lime / calmag
I'm pretty sure they've had more than enough rain as it's been raining for a night and 2 days haha. As for the epsom salt, would you suggest watering them or spraying?!

We had a very rainy season here in the Fl. Panhandle. I had to up my fertilizer schedule accordingly. I assume you're at the first part of your growing season.

I recommend letting them dry a bit and giving them a small dose of the fish emulsion. That stuff isn't really strong....

Back