• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Fiery providence

Couldn't think of another title!

Context: Earlier today, I was gearing up to enjoy a Taco Bell grilled beefy nacho burrito. Not the best (or the best for you) but it was a dollar and it's tasty. So I brought along my favorite hot sauce I had gotten from my girlfriends mother a year or so ago as a gift (more on that). I'm sitting in my car, letting my lips cool off a bit, enjoying the afterburn of my fiery burrito and just reading the labels on my bottle.

Now, I only joined this forum a week or so ago, so I never knew this until recently. But as I read my bottle, like I have dozens of times, I realized something I never could have known until I came here:

My favorite hot sauce ever is actually Texas Creek Ghost Fire Hot Sauce! And if I understand correctly, Texas Creek is run by (or at least represented by) salsalady!

So a very belated thanks to you, salsalady, for several dishes that probably would not have burned my mouth so good. I never would have thought something like this would happen purely by coincidence!

And great sauce, A++! No one else I know can handle it lol :fireball:

NattyPepper said:
I have been thinking about buying one of her sauces.  Heard so many great things about them!
If they're anything like the one I've got, I say its money well spent haha

I just saw this post, Palgrave. :welcome: to THP!

Thank you for your kind words! I'm so happy you like the Ghost Fire hot sauce. You got it from your girlfriend's mother? Wow! It does seem like the world is getting smaller.

I do own and operate Texas Creek Products. We are fortunate to have our own small processing facility. I make and bottle all of our products onsite. Our son is helping with some of the labeling and shrink banding now, (for a price$$$! What the heck, he's 14 and needs to earn money~).

This is one of the best Ghost Fire stories I've heard. And as I said, I'm most happy you like the sauce and use it on things like Taco Bell food!
:cheers:

salsalady said:
I just saw this post, Palgrave. :welcome: to THP!
Thank you for your kind words! I'm so happy you like the Ghost Fire hot sauce. You got it from your girlfriend's mother? Wow! It does seem like the world is getting smaller.
I do own and operate Texas Creek Products. We are fortunate to have our own small processing facility. I make and bottle all of our products onsite. Our son is helping with some of the labeling and shrink banding now, (for a price$$$! What the heck, he's 14 and needs to earn money~).
This is one of the best Ghost Fire stories I've heard. And as I said, I'm most happy you like the sauce and use it on things like Taco Bell food!
Yes, small world indeed, she even got it all the way out in Seattle. I'll admit ive been using a bit more of it lately (couple shakes...per bite), but at least when I run out I'll know where to get more :p At the risk of sounding like I'm gushing, again, great sauce!

Was it purchased at DD-Meats?

Sounds like you're building up your tolerance nicely. And when you're ready, I can hook you up with the Big bottle.

I used to market the Ghost Fire sauce in 10 oz bottles but people were reluctant to pay the price for the large bottle if they didn't know if they liked it. So I went to all smaller (5 oz) bottles. THen I got complaints that people couldn't get the larger bottles....... :rolleyes: Anyway...I'm trying to carry both sizes of bottles.

Do you know why the Mom chose Ghost fire?

Well, ive been into spicy food all my life, so I can really get to talking about things like pepper types and flavor vs heat and scoville ratings (dont we all)...etc. I think I mentioned I wanted to try a ghost pepper sauce, since I'd never gone tbat hot before, and when she was in Seattle visiting family she must have grabbed it as a gift.

And I do like the sound of a 10 oz-er, although I do enjoy the portability of the smaller bottles. Nothing better than all the looks you get when brandishing a hidden bottle of hot sauce at a cookout :D

Ah, yes, the chilehead's bane.... bland food at a cookout!  Most of us have been there with "bringing your own heat" scenario. 

You have some great festivals out in your area.  And everyone here on THP is interested in chiles/heat/growing/sauces whatever in some aspect, so there should be no shortage of discussions for you to enjoy!

Read-read-read and I look forward to talking with you here on THP.

salsalady

Thanks! Definitely going to investigate some of the events around here now that I'm more in touch with my inner chilihead, so to speak.

And I've felt very welcome here, already have had several questions answered and everyone is so knowledgable. I need to stop lollygagging and update my glog though, my scorpions are finally flowering... :(

Back