• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Fiery Southern Fried Chicken

I found this recipe recently and since I just found some cast iron cookware, I've decided to try it out. I calls for Tabasco sauce, which I had to go to the store and buy and can't remember the last time it was in my house :lol: But, the combination of all of the ingredients sounded really good and I thought what the heck. :lol:

Here is a teaser of the chicken resting in some Buttermilk. The bowl on the right is for my beloved MrsPepperfreak (she doesn't like spicy foods so that is just plain buttermilk). The bowl on the right is mine with Tabasco sauce mixed into the marinade. Hope you guys enjoy and I'll be posting pics as they come.
FoodPics011.jpg

Pepperfreak said:
I calls for Tabasco sauce...
The bowl on the right is for my beloved MrsPepperfreak...
The bowl on the right is mine...
Drunkie or PMD?

For "Fiery" chicken you better have more than Tabasco buttermilk............................ or you know what happens... F A I.......

thehotpepper.com said:
For "Fiery" chicken you better have more than Tabasco buttermilk............................ or you know what happens... F A I.......

Oh no...I have more than that! There is a drizzle sauce that I made that is sure to kick me on my *ss. :lol:

The chicken is frying up nicely. Wow, the smells are just incredible.
FoodPics016.jpg

FoodPics017.jpg

I guess I have also just answered my own question concerning the 15 inch pot verses the 12 inch pot. :lol: I definitely need the 15" skillet. :rolleyes:

Pepperfreak said:
I guess I have also just answered my own question concerning the 15 inch pot verses the 12 inch pot. :lol: I definitely need the 15" skillet. :rolleyes:
Oh you mean my signature? :lol:

Well at this rate I'm going to be really, really drunk by the time my dinner is ready :lol:

Here is a shot of half of the wife's and the rest of the family's chicken.
FoodPics019.jpg

Man that looks soooooo good! I loves me some good fried chicken.

Note: Master chef TB has high standards :lol:

Plate that bad boy up!

Back