• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Finding small sauce bottles to get your name out there with

I love my friends, but giving away 5oz a shot gets expensive, and uses up my woozy bottles when trying to get my sauce out there. So I looked on places like fillmore and others like that... there seems to be a plethora of bottles but a huge shortage of 18 CT caps, in any color.

The reason I am posting this thread is that I am looking for other ideas or locations where to find 1.7, 2 or 2.5 oz woozy or hot sauce bottles. Or should I even use bottles? I see some places have vials or jelly jars that could also be used in the 1.0 to 2.0 oz size ranges.

If I'm giving away my sauce to gain awareness, what's a good quantity to use / bottle to use? I know advertising is expensive but I don't want to give it all away unnecessarily.

I think that a perception of value should not go without an exchange of some sort. I mean, the eco-nomy is what we make it. I'm happy enough to drop an old old dime for good stuff like sauces and such, or even make exchanges for power and such. I mean, it's time to build an exchange that needs buildin!

444AF6A7-FCCA-4B46-B36B-FADA366A9C0B-33747-00000E23575E061E_zps15dc1b9d.jpg

Oops wrong pic

7F5199BD-5E26-4340-B32C-C7901CA8BB2A-33747-00000E2347164770_zpse149569f.jpg

Heres what i used.

I'm a time-travelling cyborg, come from the future to assassinate John Conner and consume hot sauce.

Actually, I don't know how that happened -- I posted once, came back a little later and added to it. Never even saw the time stamp!

I was checking out those little plastic bottles and noticed some of them were appropriate for chemicals, thought they might work for hot sauce. But I realized the ones they were showing (the cheap kind) would never work.

Specialty Bottle has the tiny woozies (1.8 oz?) with caps. Check their site.

One note of caution though - they're a total pain in the ass to fill manually. I tried the 2.5 oz woozies & I think my final solution was a very small turkey baster with a narrow spout. And it still sucked. 1.7 oz is gonna suck even more as its even smaller.

To yiur point, I must've given away 2,000+ bottles of 5 oz prototype sauce over a few years time before I took it pro. Sure, it wasn't cheap, but the extra work filling the 1/2 size bottles just wasn't worth it.

Maybe try a meat marinade injector to fill the small bottles?

http://www.amazon.com/Bayou-Classic-5011-Stainless-Steel-Seasoning/dp/B000KDZ1VA/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1362364224&sr=1-1&keywords=meat+injector

I have gone through 2 marinade injectors so far. They get clogged pretty easy with seeds, seed parts and spices

Then they snap-back on you while trying to draw and break :(

Handy for watering seedlings though, lol

exactly my experience with 'em.

I ended up using a tiny funnel - same thing happened though.

Then I tried a little teeny turkey baster - that worked great, but every 4th or 5th bottle it'd "backfire" (e.g. no room for air to escape so I'd blast piping hot sauce all over the place including my hand)

Never again. I LOVE the 8 oz square bottles. Huge mouth on that sucker. I just bought some 10 oz woozies for my next hobby/prototype batches and was disappointed to see they have the same size mouth as the 5 oz. D'oh! :doh:

Well, I'm waiting on a shipment of 1.7 oz'ers from specialty bottle. I meant to order the square ones on LDHS's recommendation, but screwed up by not paying attention and got the regular woozies. If I manage to find a simple way to fill them, I'll pass it on.

I've been using empty glass minibar/airplane liquor bottles. If you're just giving them to friends, you don't really have to worry about the health code regulations and sealed tops. they work great and if you're a drinker, well it's a good excuse to get lots of 'em. ;)

Back