• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Fire-girl

Can't say that I have.  They almost look like novelty sauces, with the profanity in the labeling and all.  If you get some, let us know how it is.

westin said:
Can't say that I have.  They almost look like novelty sauces, with the profanity in the labeling and all.  If you get some, let us know how it is.

Two questions:

Their "On Fire" sauce contains:
Peppers (habanero, cayenne), vinegar, salt, garlic, spice extract, xanthan gum.

What is spice extract?

Their Habanero Chipotle sauce contains:
Peppers (habanero, chipotle, cayenne), cider vinegar, salt, garlic, natural flavors, xanthan gum.

Is "natural flavors" another name for pepper extract ?

ajcstr said:

Two questions:

What is spice extract?

Is "natural flavors" another name for pepper extract ?

1. Extract of spice. Vanilla? Who knows? Some spice. Why not name it? Could be an ingredient label conscious people don't like. Could be a secret ingredient.
2. No it is not pepper extract. Companies are known to hide things under the guise of "natural flavor" or it could be another secret ingredient.

I believe Blair's calls their extract "natural flavor" on some of their products.  At least they do on a bottle of "After Death" that I have, they may have changed that.  When I purchased it I thought it was a non-extract sauce.

Yes it can. 

And ajcstr, I agree, sure it can be pepper extract, since it can be anything. You never know what that is. It is something that's source is natural but it can undergo 100 processes.

The Hot Pepper said:
Yes it can. 

And ajcstr, I agree, sure it can be pepper extract, since it can be anything. You never know what that is. It is something that's source is natural but it can undergo 100 processes.
Well, hopefully its not arsenic

Back