• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

condiment Fire Roasted Salsa

This is a recipe that I put together last summer, it is simple but very good (at least everyone that i've offered it to thinks so). I like it alot hotter, but not everyone in my family is a hot pepper fan, so it gives you options. It makes approximately 2 qts.

-16 Roma tomatoes, roasted & chopped
-6 garlic cloves, roasted & minced
-3 jalapeños seeded & minced (can substitute hotter chilies for your personal heat level)
-3 jalapeños roasted, skinned, seeded & chopped
-4 Pabalanos roasted, skinned, seeded & chopped
-2 bell peppers, diced
-1 Medium red onion, finely chopped
-1/2 bunch of cilantro finely chopped
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-2 limes (juice)
-1 lime (zest)
-4 Tbsp Chili Powder
-2 tsp kosher salt

-Roast your tomatoes and peppers (remove pepper skins).
-In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
-Run through a food processor, to the consistency of your liking.
-Place in refrigerator for up to 12 hours for flavor infusion for fresh salsa, or process for 15 min in jars, in a boiling water bath to enjoy later.

oldsalty said:
Well Again CONGRATS MY FRIEND. Is the future wife a chili head? Mine didn't even like black pepper when i met her. hahaha But now she's a full blown fire eater!! Parents say they don't even know her. hahaha
Cheers
She is not, she is fairly bland with her taste buds, but I'm slowly training them, and showing good progress. Ha Ha Ha

OOOOHHHHH NNNNOOOOOO SCOVIE IS WATCHING!!! Guess ill send in the lurker
10424988-large.jpg

Next Just have her stare into this screen
stock-vector-colorful-hypnotic-eye-vector-background-142591339.jpg
You love spicy food you love chili's you love spicy food you love chili's aaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm aaahhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

Back