• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

First Buffalo Wild Wings experience

My brother, SIL, & I LOVE Buffalo Wild Wings. The food is tasty & we like the atmosphere. I always order a 6pc blazin & a 6pc of either desert heat or caribbean jerk. I always carry a shaker of hab powder with me, & I mix some powder in w/ the bleu cheese that comes with the wings. Add some of their fried pickles & it's a wonderful meal.

There's a local place in KC called Grinders that claimed to have "Death Wings." I saw people on YouTube eat these wings & knew I had to try them. Last year I went, & I was SO disappointed. They were wings that were covered in Dave's Insanity Sauce. That's it. There was no "special" sauce that made them hot. I complained to the waitress & cooks, & although they were impressed that I immediately knew what sauce they used, they pointed out on the menu that if you ordered them you had to pay no matter if you ate them or not. Assholes.

Is it just me or should the "hottest" thing on the menu actually be HOT. I had sevral wings with this sauce on them and it didnt really effect anything. Not even the slightest sniffle.. Anyone else eaten these? They are having a 12 "blazin" wings in 6 minutes contest on friday.. wondering if It's worth it.. I guess my tolerance has just shaped up over time..?

What are the hottest wings you've experienced in a restaurant?

For me it's "Braveheart" at Wild Wing Cafe.

I ate the first Blazin wing and didn't feel a thing. Before I picked up the second wing, I was on fire!
mouthonfire.gif

You guys have built a tolerance or have a congenital desensitization.
clap.gif

I had a horrible experience there!!
Not only were the wings not hot and the blue cheese dressing HORRIBLE (no blue cheese flavor), but a lot of the wings were actually broken or torn up, with shards of bone in the mix.
Normally I don't complain, but it was bad...REAL bad!!!

The manager told me that they had ran out of wings from their regular supplier so had to get wings from a different source.
I've never seen wings that bad anywhere else and I've ate a lot of wings!!!

He made things 'right' (?) by giving me 6 more horrible wings!!!! LOL

HORRIBLE!!!

1st time I went to BWW the waiter talked me out of getting the blazin', he said the mango/hab had more flavor with heat. I told him sure it had flavor but little heat, then he brought me a side of blazin'. The two mixed together were better but not as hot as I was expecting. Their fried pickles are killer!

The spiciest wings I have tried are the atomic wings at Wing Stop. You can check them out at 3w wingstop dot com, they have them in a few states in the south and west and maybe elsewhere now. The atomic I think is mostly a habanero paste, not really that flavorful compared to their other wings. However their regular hot and cajun wings are very tasty, better than Buffalo Wild Wings at least to me. They have good fries too, I think they have some sugar/seasoned salt combo that really works.

Never had good wings from my bww. Everytime I order blazin, they come out really dry. Like they have been sitting there for hours under a light. Sauce isn't that hot either.

1st time I went to BWW the waiter talked me out of getting the blazin', he said the mango/hab had more flavor with heat. I told him sure it had flavor but little heat, then he brought me a side of blazin'. The two mixed together were better but not as hot as I was expecting. Their fried pickles are killer!

It's funny, this isn't the first time I've heard about BWW wait staff talking patrons out of the blazin sauce. I'm a tiny woman and order blazin all the time, and no one has even tried to talk me out of getting it. One time I got some free celery but that was it lol. I completely agree about their fried pickles! They're some of the best I've ever had.

Although I love this chain, I don't think their plan is to capture the chilihead niche. For the general masses who think Tabasco sauce is hot and break a sweat eating flamin hot cheetos, their "hotter" sauces fit the bill quite nicely. I do think their blazin sauce is plenty hot, but it would be nice to have a better variety of sauces with the same heat.

Yeah, I've never eaten @ BWW before, but I went into the one in my town and bought a bottle of the Blazin' sauce. It's warm, but I can't say that it was "Blazin'" as they claim it to be. Good flavor, but medium-to-upper medium burn, nothing to quiver in fear at!

Buffalo wild wings blazin wings are a joke to anybody on this forum. As with most of you, I bet you can not realistically describe hot to most people. What has zero heat to us will put half the population in tears. Quaker steak and lube is another story. The atomic are pretty hot and now they have a triple atomic (have not tried it yet, I think its that pure cap sauce).
I tried these wings years ago, before I began with the hot peppers, and I remember them being hot. I just returned on yesterday, and I could not believe the lack of discernible heat. The waitress was amazed that I ate the whole thing because of the heat. I was just surprised I ate them with that awful powdered cayenne taste. Boooooo! I really need to find a good hot-wing place out here that can make me tear up.

totaly feel you there i have been all over looking for "Hot" stuff when i go out to eat. so far all most every place i have been to is a big fail. i guess they list them as hot so that average guys can brag to there budies. ill bring a bottle of my own sauce some times

In Chicago we have "Jake Melnick's Corner Tap" , the wings are pretty hot, the pub claims to use a "seven pepper mix", definitely uses the Ghost and the Red Savina to name a few, and the sauce is not just a bowl of liquid, it's absorbed into the coating.....Its worth a try if your ever in town.......they have ice cold drafts to top it off!

Is it just me or should the "hottest" thing on the menu actually be HOT. I had sevral wings with this sauce on them and it didnt really effect anything. Not even the slightest sniffle.. Anyone else eaten these? They are having a 12 "blazin" wings in 6 minutes contest on friday.. wondering if It's worth it.. I guess my tolerance has just shaped up over time..?

What are the hottest wings you've experienced in a restaurant?

For me it's "Braveheart" at Wild Wing Cafe.

I have to agree with you. I too, tried the hottest wings they had at Buffalo wild wings. The waitress came back and asked me if they were hot enough... I asked her for something hotter and she couldn't believe I said that.... I thought they were hot, but not the hottest wings I ever had... Hottest wings I've had was at Big Daddys BBQ in Des Moines IA. So hot you couldn't eat them all... 10 total...
Found out he uses extract... They are closed now, but you can still buy the BBQ sauce they make!

It is very rare for me to dig something up, but reading the forums caught my eye with this one.
I can steadfastly say that the wings have not improved. They are pretty hot all things considered but it does not taste like a natural heat at all. Its something that grabs you after you eat one or two in a sudden smack. It is also light years ahead of the other terrible tasting things out there. The best description I can give of the sauce was that it tasted like Asprin that was mixed with borax soap.
That and the wings there in general are pretty lousy, thickly breaded parts of chicken. Did not suit me well at all, but the jammin jalapeno sauce was tasty.

Back