• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First crack at growing

Today is a sad day, A dark day, I bow my head and shed a single manly tear before bucking up and hitting the pub like any greiving man should. For today my friends I have given away the first of my plants. What with over fifty of the little buggers taking over the house my darling wife had dropped more than a subtle hint that she would like the kitchen bench back. (along with the bathroom, parts of the bedroom and some I snuck onto the neighbours windowsill). They have passed on to my sister who had promised to take care and let me vist from time to time. Please folks a moments silence

:cry:

Hmm Boags I feel your pain, this is my first year starting from seeds and it was very hard to give away the first few but now I am giving them away like crazy. Yesterday I made a trade for 2 yards of top soil i gave the owner 35 seedlings for it. I am still over crowded with peppers though. I still have a couple hundred I need to get rid of. I have about 65 in pots and I am going to put around 30 to 40 in the ground.

Dale

Boags - what can I say. My heart goes out to you. I have sent for a dozen skillful wailing women to follow you around through a week of mourning. But I'm betting after a few hours of that horrendous sound you'll find new hiding places & look to a brighter future. By all means spread them out, it helps keep the seed pure...make sure you receive regular pods as recompense.
Its not the same though, torn from you & placed in foster care. Tragic. How many are you allowed to keep?

bentalphanerd said:
Tragic. How many are you allowed to keep?

I should keep around 10 - 15 plants. Given the price of property about these parts I can't afford the space to keep any more. Can't wait to get a decent plot to grow all I like.

Hmm Boags said:

Nice Peppers! How old are they? Also I admire ur Naga Im hoping to grow one atleast next summer.LOL..My Slim Cayyenes so far has started to get its first leaves..LOL

Turkey said:
Nice Peppers! How old are they? Also I admire ur Naga Im hoping to grow one atleast next summer.LOL..My Slim Cayyenes so far has started to get its first leaves..LOL

They are about four weeks old now. Cayenne are wipping arse in the growin stakes as you can see. If i manage to get and Naga fruit this year I'm more than happy to trade a pod or two if you want some seeds.

Pam said:
I'm sorry, but the rules clearly state that if you're going to take a picture where your reflection shows in the toaster, you must be naked.

I'm sticking to the advice of my lawyyer and no longer posting pictures of myself reflected naked in toasters on the internet. The curved surface distorts the image and leaves my open to allegations faulse advertising and misrepresentation.

I was wondering about the toaster thinking: "that toaster must be in the colonies, somewhere in England where they don't have electricity"

What makes the toast? Hamsters?

Right, I have got the next batch of seeds onto the seed tray now. I've got Tasmanian Habs, Scotch Bonnet and some Explosive Ember (never head of them but the seem to e small bushy types). Keep you posted on developments. Anyone grown these varieties before? tips are always greatfully recieved.

Back