• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First Crop Ever

[SIZE=10.5pt]Hey all![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Brief background:  I have never grown anything before. Somebody gave me a ghost pepper in the fall. Before using the pepper in my cooking, i scraped out all of the seeds. Harvested 56 seeds. I planted them in a Burpee peat-pod starting kit (I later read you shouldn't use the peat-pods for starting hot peppers. Oh well. too late for that)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]All ghost pepper seeds. (I think)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Planted 2/18[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]first sprout (hook) Tuesday (3/3)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]placed the whole tray in a makeshift grow house (3/4) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Took this picture this morning. [/SIZE]
(The site wont let me embed google pics so here is the link)

http://goo.gl/FP5iTD

Exciting week, Lot's of growth. 
I will continue to search the boards looking for answers, But if anybody wants to throw out some answers to these questions I'll gladly take help. :-)

When should i transplant to larger pots? 
Can these material bags go with the transplant?
 Thanks for reading!!

10 days since my last post. They seem to be doing well. I put hem outside on the patio for a little while the other days just to get them some natural sunlight.  They seem to be taking very well to the new habitat. It looks like i may have to transplant them again before the move outside which i am planning for Memorial day weekend. Let me know if you agree, or if you think these pots will sustain them. 

IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

Those plants are looking fantastic!
I'd be proud of those babes on a first ever grow.
Starting to get their chinense crinkle on too. :)

I'm not that experienced in up-potting, but I'd re-pot no later than say 3 weeks before plant-out(BPO)
If the plants have lots of roots coming out the bottom by say 5 weeks BPO, I'd go ahead and re-pot then.
Between 3-5 weeks BPO, it's a coin toss. Just my opinion.

Great looking plants.  I'd re-pot to taller Solo cups in a couple of weeks.  Since you only have 20 plants, you may want to think about using the larger cups for first and only transplanting next year.  Of course, you may even want 100 plants next year!

This picture is from Saturday 4/12. There is definitely some growth, a few have roots coming out of the bottom holes. I think i need to uppot them. the planters they are in now are as big as maybe a little bigger than the large solo cups. i guess an inexpensive planter is a next step. I take more pictures tonight an d probably post them tomorrow. I am also noticing some yellowing around the edges of some of the leaves, Any ideas what that mau be from?

IMAG0205.jpg

Back