• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First day out

It was the perfect day to stay home from work and get stuff done outside. Light breeze, some cloud coverage and warm enough for a third of my pepper plants to spend 15 minutes outside. Wow, some of them look pathetic. lol

1507000_10152032682005723_6539701322298614383_n.jpg

Ahhhh, they're lookin fine!
With y'alls weather it's a struggle for sure, and they always look beat up on their first outing.

...the yellow guy on the lower right may need a bit of lovin though ;)
Other than that, I'd say you've got a prosperous crop kickin' there!

Thanks for the encouragement! The yellow guy on the right is one of two simple green peppers I potted low because they were tall and the cotys were still on and way down. I didn't want to cover them until they fell off. I'm thinking they have used up all the nutrients in what little soil they have. Also when watering, I was dunking them for the same amount of time as the deeper pots so a little too much water didn't help. I'll pot them up on the weekend with some fresh earth and I think they'll do okay.  Does that make sense?

As for our weather...I have spent a considerable amount of time in FLA and I always wish I could spend more time there. Growing must be awesome.

Delta, by fresh earth - do you literally mean ground soil in your pots?
Not to harp on ya or anything, just if it is regular dirt you may end up with issues... Trust me, I didn't follow advice once and learned my lesson - earth dirt is wonderful in the ground, but becomes evil in pots! (The drainage and composition just isn't compatible with such confined spaces - that is unless it's the dirt of the one and only person I've seen it successful with ... Who was from Medellin Columbia . I couldn't believe the natural soil that guy had, absolutely astonishing to say the least!)

No no, I meant fresh potting soil. I use organic potting soil and so far have been mixing in a seed starting mix. Once they are ready to go out, I'll use potting soil and some fertilizer.

Skating rink :rofl:   I know all about it.  I was born and raised in Wisconsin for 28 years.  Recently just moved down south.  Instead of Alberta Clippers,  I have to worry about tornadoes now.

Back