First day out

It was the perfect day to stay home from work and get stuff done outside. Light breeze, some cloud coverage and warm enough for a third of my pepper plants to spend 15 minutes outside. Wow, some of them look pathetic. lol

1507000_10152032682005723_6539701322298614383_n.jpg

Ahhhh, they're lookin fine!
With y'alls weather it's a struggle for sure, and they always look beat up on their first outing.

...the yellow guy on the lower right may need a bit of lovin though ;)
Other than that, I'd say you've got a prosperous crop kickin' there!

Thanks for the encouragement! The yellow guy on the right is one of two simple green peppers I potted low because they were tall and the cotys were still on and way down. I didn't want to cover them until they fell off. I'm thinking they have used up all the nutrients in what little soil they have. Also when watering, I was dunking them for the same amount of time as the deeper pots so a little too much water didn't help. I'll pot them up on the weekend with some fresh earth and I think they'll do okay.  Does that make sense?

As for our weather...I have spent a considerable amount of time in FLA and I always wish I could spend more time there. Growing must be awesome.

Delta, by fresh earth - do you literally mean ground soil in your pots?
Not to harp on ya or anything, just if it is regular dirt you may end up with issues... Trust me, I didn't follow advice once and learned my lesson - earth dirt is wonderful in the ground, but becomes evil in pots! (The drainage and composition just isn't compatible with such confined spaces - that is unless it's the dirt of the one and only person I've seen it successful with ... Who was from Medellin Columbia . I couldn't believe the natural soil that guy had, absolutely astonishing to say the least!)

No no, I meant fresh potting soil. I use organic potting soil and so far have been mixing in a seed starting mix. Once they are ready to go out, I'll use potting soil and some fertilizer.

Skating rink :rofl:   I know all about it.  I was born and raised in Wisconsin for 28 years.  Recently just moved down south.  Instead of Alberta Clippers,  I have to worry about tornadoes now.

Back