First DWC Red Pepper Grow - thoughts/advice?

Hi all - I'm now 7 weeks in to my first shot at using a DWC Hydro rig to grow Peppers and Chillies from seed so I thought I'd put some pics up to see if anyone had any feedback or advice.

I'm growing 1 Red Pepper (pictured) and 1 Bhut Jolokia which germinated much later but is still coming along slowly but surely. Germinating the Peppers was a breeze but I'm not sure I got the best Chilli seeds as only 1 out of 10 germinated.

I'm changing the water and nutrients every 2 weeks and keeping the pH between 5.5 and 6.5. I'm not measuring EC just yet. I have some small fans set up for air circulation, they're under a T5 Propagator light for 18 hours on/6 hours off and I'm hand pollinating each day.

The Pepper is starting to flower really well and I have a couple of small Peppers growing now - so everything looks pretty good. It's also starting to smell like Peppers - which is nice.

I am concerned that the leaf density might be an issue as the Peppers grow - there's not much room to move in there!

What do you all think?

First week after transferring from a seedling pot in the DWC:
R2sYlZD.jpg

About 4 weeks in:
aK83yMb.jpg

About 7 weeks in:
5ssxuAT.jpg

About 7 weeks in:
ndn9Xx6.jpg

Root ball:
fcpaDUt.jpg

Thanks!

looks really healthy good job.

maybe move the light a bit farther away so they stretch toward the light more.
You can trim some leaves if you want too.

Back