• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First F8 pods (wild chiltepin / reaper)

They look awesome, kind of afraid to taste one.

Most of the hybrids have turned out looking more like a miniature jalapeno that ripens vertically.  This single plant grows these tiny pods resembling the reaper yet very small.  Largest pod is 5/8".  Going to keep at this strain I think.

rDDTKal.jpg

Most of the hybrids have turned out looking more like a miniature jalapeno that ripens vertically.  This single plant grows these tiny pods resembling the reaper yet very small.  Largest pod is 5/8".  Going to keep at this strain I think.

rDDTKal.jpg
If I don't feel like enduring, I keep a box of vanilla ice cream on hand. One bite, and when I'm at the point that I've had enough, I just start eating spicy vanilla... Works a charm! ;)

NOW TRY IT...

Try it indeed!  :party:

I'd love to know how the flavor is, how it smells, and how the burn lasts! I'm interested if it takes on the characteristics of the quick burst... BAM! type of burn from the Chiltepins (but doesn't last long) - or does the burn last more like a traditional superhot. That would be awesome if short lived, you might could have mini endorphin sessions/rushes. Pop & burn... relief... pop & burn... repeat!  ;)

Pods look beautiful, I'd grow it for sure! Any pics (or at least a description) of the plant? Reaper like growth or wild and bushy?

Definitely keep at it, well done! 

Alchymystic said:
Try it indeed!  :party:

I'd love to know how the flavor is, how it smells, and how the burn lasts! I'm interested if it takes on the characteristics of the quick burst... BAM! type of burn from the Chiltepins (but doesn't last long) - or does the burn last more like a traditional superhot. That would be awesome if short lived, you might could have mini endorphin sessions/rushes. Pop & burn... relief... pop & burn... repeat!  ;)

Pods look beautiful, I'd grow it for sure! Any pics (or at least a description) of the plant? Reaper like growth or wild and bushy?

Definitely keep at it, well done! 
In for plant pics!

Nuclieye said:

rDDTKal.jpg
Nice looking pod. Only one way to find out the flavor.

What does the plant growth look like?

Only 8 pods on the plant and all look the same, picked all yesterday but new blooms so its not done for the year.  Plant is only about 1' tall and bushy.

Narly looking pod...and I bet it will be packing some heat.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
How did you get to F8 so fast? 
I easily get 3 to 4 harvests a year here between greenhouse and garden.  F9 are very small plants now but starting to bloom so if pods form I'll get a couple before it cools off to the good growing season.

Nuclieye said:
I easily get 3 to 4 harvests a year here between greenhouse and garden.  F9 are very small plants now but starting to bloom so if pods form I'll get a couple before it cools off to the good growing season.
What do you mean harvests? You mean you grow a F1 plant, save seeds from a pod and start a F2 plant then repeat? 

Nuclieye said:

How far will you carry the grow out before you consider it stable?

true%20seed%20gen.jpg

Back