• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First Flowers!!

As a first time grower this is a big day for me. Who knows if they will drop or put on pods but either way its a big day for me :) Stoked!!

107_0255.jpg

sorry i know its not the best pics.

107_0254.jpg

Yea never been stoked about flowers before.... Who knew flowers were so cool! Not set up for it to bud i dont think. I guess ill add another cfl with more red spectrum in it. Not gonna put to much effort into it though because the plan was just to start these plants inside and move them outside in the spring. This plant is a Birdseye. But it seems most of my plants that are not C. Chinese are putting on buds. But most seem to small for this. Hope its not pointing to a problem. Either way im pretty dang excited.

I usually pinch C. annuum buds/flowers off until late spring. Early flowers will take energy away from potential growth. Sometimes you can end up with a tiny plant full of tiny pods but it'll never catch up to a plant focused early on growth

I usually pinch C. annuum buds/flowers off until late spring. Early flowers will take energy away from potential growth. Sometimes you can end up with a tiny plant full of tiny pods but it'll never catch up to a plant focused early on growth
Thanks for the tip! Maybe ill pitch "most" of the buds and let a few flower :)

Back