• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics First harvest 2009

AlabamaJack said:
cherry tomatos are great tasting.

I was hoping they were some sort of "cluster" tomatos that got about 3" in(7.5cm)diameter...

I have made up my mind this year, I am not growing anything small....

the "ciliegino" is off about 2 cm diameter

Omri said:
Same as here, I guess. no actual freezing for a while now. global warming, go figure. :lol:
I love the view, though!

FU!

Here it is -24 deg C rights now (-31F) and I don't even consider that very cold. It's just winter. I expect -40C in february which is about the same in fahrenheits.

Global warming my a*s.

Well. At least I'll have sun 24/7 in the middle of summer;)

MrArboc said:
FU!

Here it is -24 deg C rights now (-31F) and I don't even consider that very cold. It's just winter. I expect -40C in february which is about the same in fahrenheits.

Global warming my a*s.

THATS COLD!!! & thats not even factoring in the windchill :shocked:
my location gets cold winters but not as bad as you, so I guess the only other thing to say is "I'm glad I don't live there" :lol::P

MrArboc said:
FU!

Global warming my a*s.

Think you mis-calculated a bit here. -24 °C = -11,2 °F but it's still darn cold! -40 °C = -40 °F BTW.

We have a nice costal climate here, so the temp seldom drops below -5 °C (23 °F) during winter.

BillyIdle said:
Think you mis-calculated a bit here. -24 °C = -11,2 °F but it's still darn cold! -40 °C = -40 °F BTW.

We have a nice costal climate here, so the temp seldom drops below -5 °C (23 °F) during winter.

well then now that don't seem that bad, yes its cold but our temps might be just like yours mrarboc. come late jan. our temps drop & -30F is not out of the question (not including windchill factor)

billy - sometimes I wished I lived on a coastal state instead of being smack dab in the middle of a continent where it tends to be the coldest :(

I'm sure theres other memebers here that get colder, like some canucks here.

When we move to Canada in a few years, I'll be expecting -30 to -40 C winter temps, until then I'll enjoy the overnight minimum temps of 5-6 C we get here!

Cincinnati is like a box of those chocolates - we never know what we may get. Normally, out temps range from about -10(F) to 95. But we have set records for the coldest (-25) and the hottest (105) on those dates in history.

So far, it's been a cold (average temp compared to normal) winter but without any extremes - no days belo zero so far.

The worst I've experienced was -54 counting the wind chill. I actually think it was a bit colder. Had to go up on a roof to adjust an antenna so we could watch a football playoff game. The house was on the top of a hill so I got the full brunt of the winds. It was a chilly experience, but at least the Bengals won. They showed up in short sleeve shirts which freaked out the San Diego team. Now it is SOP for linemen to behave this way, but it was a first back then.

Mike

In New Zealand we have finally got some summer weather.

A week of temps up to 32*C/90*F and this afternoon we had a thunder storm, heavy rain and hail... An hour later the sun was out again and the temp is back up in the 20's...

My Chilli's have started fruiting though :onfire:

the fruits continue to mature ... I think seriously that if the winter is mild plants in Sicily fruits are practically all year ... or almost

3167278474_118d168c86.jpg

McGoo said:
When we move to Canada in a few years, I'll be expecting -30 to -40 C winter temps, until then I'll enjoy the overnight minimum temps of 5-6 C we get here!

It all depends where in Canada you're moving to. North of Toronto, Ontario, we rarely see temps below -25C. It does snow a lot though... The Prairies are a different story, -40C is the norm for winter months.

Megamastger71 your pictures help get me through another cold day, thanks. Can't wait to get my own growing.

Back