• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor first indoor grow, 1200w in a tent

This is my first indoor grow, still alot to learn..... Im not gonna dump a bunch of ?s on you guys I know where the search button is but if you can see anything i need to add or change please let e know.
Im growing super hots, cayannes ect this is just the first batch from outside but she will be full by the end of the weekend :)
its a 4x8 tent, 2 600w hps fan cooled, growing in soil and peat with hydro nutes and fresh water.
Any advice is gold to me so please feel free, looking for pointers tips ect
007_zpsa6452740.jpg

008_zpsd9f73e4d.jpg

Those are going to be some expensive peppers if you pay the electric bill. I work in Aquarium wholesale industry and we are all switching to LED and T5's because of the cost of running MH & HPS are about the same in cost as MH. I shut down 2 tanks running a 150 watt and a 250 watt MH and my bill went down over $100 a month and I would think it would be just about the same growing.

If you change to fluordescent or LED, your light levels will decrease. HID makes the most light/watt of any light source.
If you change to fluordescent or LED, your light levels will decrease. HID makes the most light/watt of any light source.
Lousy software....disculpeme for the double post.

Plants look good Hustler. Looks like you have this about figured out.

willard3 said:

Just quoting since I don't think Willard can say it enough. There is an argument for LED lights although I don't think they are quite there yet, but no way T5s are more efficient.

Jeff H said:
Plants look good Hustler. Looks like you have this about figured out.

Just quoting since I don't think Willard can say it enough. There is an argument for LED lights although I don't think they are quite there yet, but no way T5s are more efficient.

We use High Output T5's on half of our coral systems and the corals do grow I'm actually in the process of  switching the HO bulbs from 10K to 67k out of one of my Aquarium Lights that has 6 T5's  and using it for an indoor grow I'l let you know how it turns out-- And on the other half we have these LED - http://www.kessil.com/horticulture/H380.php

These LED are more of a 15k we use that keep the coral growing but a bit of Blue to make them look their best also But the ones in the link are designed to Match the 600watt HPS and plant spectrums 

led_zps7e78c95e.jpg

and here are the HO T5's

t5_zps248b1c12.jpg

thanks for the guys. im more comfy with the hps tried and true right now not looking to test the market..... i got them in amd its gonna snow lol i want to keep producing fruits asap. any info you can share to keep me on that path is greatly appreciated

Watch out for burning when they get too close.

Keep it below 85° if you can so the pollen is viable.

IMO the Q tip if the best method for fertilizing.

Good luck.

Back