• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

First meal made with home-grown peppers

Picked two of these today.

DSC00692.jpg

And made a curry with them

DSC00695.jpg

Ingredients list:
The peppers (unknown type)
Onion
Mae Ploy red paste
Coconut Milk
Swai Fish
Fish Sauce
Lemon Juice
Fresh Basil
Fresh Parsley(would use cilantro if it didn't taste gross)
Jasmine Rice

That looks so good, Jess, I swear I can smell it too! :drooling:

(You lost me on the cilantro/parsley switch thing though.... whaaaat?? :P)

Cilantro tastes like dishsoap. Lol, its just a personal preference. I know they probably never use italian parsley in SE Asia lol

Nothing beats cooking with homegrown...
Mmmm Mmmm curry..
I like substituting mint for cilantro in my indian dishes..
Might I recommend trying some Basmati rice.. The texture is awesome..
Thanks for sharing.

Cilantro tastes like dishsoap. Lol, its just a personal preference. I know they probably never use italian parsley in SE Asia lol

Noooo..... cilantro tastes like awesome!

Just playing around... authentic or not, it's all about what works for you.

Its driving me nuts what that red 'thang is.

Not pointy enough for a fresno.

Or a lipstick chile.

Some type of hungarian variant?

Ahk!

What is it?????

Yes, I got a couple of culantro seedlings to germinate, which I subsequently killed. I don't have good luck with herbs for some reason, out of like 10 different kinds of herbs I tried to grow, only the sweet basil and thai basil lived more than a few months. Might try again with the culantro soon

Doing better than me Jessica, I managed to kill EVERY herb I ever planted. Two things I may have done wrong, soil too rich but to be honest I think it was the extreme heat and sunshine on small seedlings.

And people tell me they're easy.

EDIT: Deleted text, thought you were talking about different herb.

Yes, I got a couple of culantro seedlings to germinate, which I subsequently killed. I don't have good luck with herbs for some reason, out of like 10 different kinds of herbs I tried to grow, only the sweet basil and thai basil lived more than a few months. Might try again with the culantro soon
This is the one you Yankees need to grow. The flavor is stronger and it's tougher than the commercial variety.It grows on the side of the road here.....usually near the watercress ;)
http://www.amazon.com/Culantro-Eryngium-foetidum-Seed-Needs/dp/B002TB66SS

Back