• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First pepper glog

Hello all,
This year will be my first dedicated attempt at growing some real peppers. 
So far my modest grow list sits at:

Finalized?? list :
Moruga Scorpion Mustard - Pepper North
7 Pot Brain Red - Pepper Joe
7 Pot White - Pepper North
Naga White - Pepper North
Trinidad Scorpion Peach - Pepper North
Tazmanian Hab - Pepper Joe
White Hab - Friend
Tam Jalapeno - Baker Creek
Farmers Market Jalapeno - Pepper North
Ancho - Pepper Joe
Big Jim - Forgot source
Cow Horn - Pepper Joe
Cherio Roxa - Pepper North
Coyote Zan White - Pepper North
Pequin - Pepper North
Serrano - Pepper Jo
Hot Lemon - Pepper Jo
Anaheim - Pepper Jo
Sweet Datil - Pepper North
Guajillo - BIG thnk you to roper2008
Barak - Suttons

Hopefully this season will prove to be a good learning experience and provide some successful plants.
Open to any tips or advice.

Cheers.

Welcome to THP from Ontario,Canada.

Cool list my friend! This is also my first season growing peppers! (Other than some jalapeños and thai chilies where all I did was water them haha) I am deffinently will follow your grow! I want to see how them big jims come out! I am a huge fan of the New Mexico hatch. Next season I'll definantly grow some hatch and big jims!
Good luck!

So far one white Hab and a few Taz Hab have sprouted and moved up from the paper towel. I also am playing with germinating mediums and have a few seeds in rock wool, coir, and dirt just to compare times.

Order from Pepper North showed up today and now these are all germinating.
Pequin
Coyote Zan white
White Naga
Cherio Roxa
White 7 pot

Possibly another order going in to him soon, Super impressed with his service.

couple of random shots, quite a few have hooked and been transplanted.
ucn2B5i.jpg

Small warming mat under the cell tray and germination Tupperware. all of it in the disco closet, a 2ft x 3ft grow tent.

v86DLYj.jpg

White naga seeds from pepper north, showed up in the mail on the 18th and here is how they looked as of 0800 this morning. 3/3 in a day and a half to crack is impressive in my mind.

8w0cheT.jpg

So Far pretty good success with the starting. Most seeds have come up or are just poking through with the exception of the Lemon drops. A complete failure with them.

I put another order in with pepper north which should round out this year.

One Taz Hab growing some funky leaves.

nfUj1UZ.jpg

and just a quick shot of some of the slower kids coming along

WheKVdR.jpg

Moved the majority up to cups to get things going.

finally decided to stop playing games and hooked up the Mars Hydro 300w LED. I expect the growth to start taking off as the little fellas didn't have any where near sufficient lighting.

Started a couple more varieties in the paper towel, Peach scorpion, Mustard Maruga, serrano, sweet Datil and Farmers market Jalapeno.

I have promised some plants to co-workers which is a good thing, all said and done i am hoping to bring 40 - 45 plants in to the spring. Any more and I will end up looking at some space issues.

Some random pics
2uyWPzZ.jpg

T3rF3y0.jpg

7fe8Rbz.jpg
wOloEQX.jpg

Freedom89 said:
...hooked up the Mars Hydro 300w LED. 

Can't wait to see the results.  I've been considering trying one of those.  Plants look great!   Edit: typo, need more coffee

Im wondering if anyone has had issues with Pequin germination? the lack of action from them is frustrating. Most other varieties, less some super hots that have only been down a week or so, have played nice. Any tricks to getting those little guys going?

Back