• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds First seedlings

Heres a few pics of my first seedlings. The first two pictures are 4 seedlings from grocery store orange habenaros that i saved seeds from, they are a few weeks old. third is my baby bhut (seeds from chileseeds.co.uk) last picture is an overall of my set up with some seeds starting in peat pellets in the container on the left, fatalli and chocolate habs.
streetbmx_e83aa5902c56.jpg

streetbmx_e2f2519df1f7.jpg

streetbmx_9f04797daf9d.jpg

streetbmx_ba7eb6dcf2c1.jpg

My seedlings arent looking as good as they were...any ideas why? Their gowth kind of slowed it seemed and leaves curling up and yellow. Sorry the pictures suck so bad.

Growing in 2 parts miracle grow organic choice to 1 part perlite.

My guess is maybe too much Miracle grow it needs to be half strength when they that lil and my own experience is I used fish emulsion when my babies started and now its MG since they have gotten bigger. Oh ya water feed them from the bottom

its not miracle gro ferts, its just the brand of the potting mix...the bag says its 0.10-0.05-0.05, still think that is too much? I just checked on the plants and the yellowing leaves are falling off, these are true leave not seed leaves

Did you start them in this soil or are they transplanted from seed starting mix to the cups with the soil in it? Check the soil to see if it has compacted...I have not used the MG organic choice but someone was talking about soil compaction which will impede root growth...just a guess here...and, if you are watering with city water, you might check the pH of the water...too high a pH will reduce the plants capability to take up nutrients...I used distilled or rain water for my seedlings...

probably nuclear water (tybee bomb). heh jk, the the water is pretty bad around here, i'll check the ph. i did notice compaction with that soil thats why i mixed some perlite into it.

streetbmx said:
probably nuclear water (tybee bomb). heh jk, the the water is pretty bad around here, i'll check the ph. i did notice compaction with that soil thats why i mixed some perlite into it.

Try to use soil by name Fafard good staff I use all time for the plants the soil don't get saggy like most of another soils & make sure that you always have little hole on the bottom of your cups where you start the seeds so that small seedling breed not get chocked by moisture.The "Fafard" soil they have in any nurseries.:P

Back