• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

first shot at growing!!

Hi all well i have my seeds in and action is happening:)
I started of with just some packet seeds from the shop which are Long Red Cayenne and Thai Chilli. I have 3 off each which are around a 1-1/2 high. I then got my seeds in the mail from
thechilliman.biz very good service and the seeds i have planted so far have all started to shoot:) The ones that i have planted are

Bhut Jolokia (1 has just shot up so 1 to go)
Jalapeno ( 3 have shot up)
Chicken Hearts ( 2 have shot up)
Royal Black ( 2 just about to raise there leafs)

Still to plant (tomz) are
Goats weed
Yellow Bouquet

Also just sent chilliman a pm for the following seeds
Tabasco
7 pod
peter pepper
scotch bonnet
BLACK CZECHOSLOVAKIAN

Will try and get some photos of the kids that have shot up :lol:

Realy am enjoying growing chillies! my wife and mates think im going through a mid life crises lol.

NTCHILLI said:
Will try and get some photos of the kids that have shot up :lol:

Realy am enjoying growing chillies! my wife and mates think im going through a mid life crises lol.

Welcome to the forum. I am glad to hear things are going well so far. It looks like you are going to have some real heat this season.

If your wife and friends think that now just wait until next season. By then you will probably have pulled up all your grass to plant chilis.

Welcome to this site. Congratulations on finding a productive hobby. BTW, if your wife and kids think you're going through a mid life crises now, wait till next year. :lol: Growing these pods will soon become an obsession. My wife and friends have all given up thinking that about me and now just believe that I'm crazy. :lol:

Holly sh$t.....last night i gave my kids a feed and grabbed the wrong bottle...today the chicken harts and 2 jelepinos have gone from standing to lying aaaahhhhrrrr. Im doing cpr as we speak! The Royal black must of liked the straight stuff and are standing for the first time:)......gotta go !

I have a bottle of seasol power feed that is mixed weak with water, every now and then i will dribble a bit in the seedling pots but last night i grabbed the non mixed bottle and when i got up this morning they were looking very sad but all is good , i re potted with new potting mix and tonight they are up right.

Well thought i saved them but no luck . Lost 6 plants inc my bhut:( oh well i have plenty of seeds so i have replanted. still have 4 going strong.

I am just getting back into house growing peppers. I like Thais because they don't take up much room and are easy to care for. I had 3 plants for 3 years when I let the aphids get to them. That was before the internet. I didn't know how to kill aphids back then. I started the seeds from 3 very old Thai peppers and got over 65 plants. I gave all but 7 away. My 7 plants are doing well and are starting to bloom. Shouldn't be too long for the first harvest.

NT, next time if you have a little oops like that again, try flushing the seedlings with heaps of water to get rid of the concenrate that's still in the soil??? It might save them......I've done the same thing before with really strong fertiliser and nearly killed about 30 seedlings.

I just spent hours going through each plant one by one and flushing them with heaps of water and I ended up saving all of them, and they were the same way, 3/4 dead when I looked at them the next day after making the mistake.

Back