• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First Tabasco Pepper

I often tend to my peppers in the morning, and I decided to pick my first Tabasco pepper this morning. I ate it while I was in my car and on the way to work. Damn that little pepper is hot! I had an empty stomach at the time, and I realized (pretty soon) that it was a bad idea to eat a pepper like that on an empty stomach. I might have puked, but I knew that if it came back up, I would be in a world of hurting, so I kept it down. Things have since nicely subsided, though. I am waiting for the afterburn to feel something like this later:

:onfire:

We'll see!

hahahaha.

They are little devils. i have spent many a time on the lawn drooling and sweating after popping one of those evil pills..

It's all good fun:cool:

Congrats -- Apparently I mislabeld (read :beer: gardening) what I thought was one plant turns out to be 2 tobascos not that I am disappointed but 2 holy crap is there a lot of peppers that just starting to ripen!

Tabasco are deceiving for their small size can pack such a punch. I really like Tabasco because they grow so shrub like and make a nice ornamental when loaded with peppers in different colors of ripeness. It takes a lot of them but they make the tastiest homemade sauces. I find I also eat a lot of single Tabasco peppers raw because of the perfect balance of size and heat.

Tabasco peppers are awesome! I am kind of mad I didn't plant any of them this year, but the way 1/2 of my plants are growing, they probably wouldn't be doing that well anyway.

tabasco9-06.jpg

One of mine from 2 years ago

that is awesome. Mine looks nothing like that. I'll post a pic, or you can check it out in the link from my signature under the 3 month update gallery.

Here, this is it about a month ago:

DSCN3158.sized.jpg

Chiliac said:
Your plant looks nice and healthy, but Web's is just insane!!! Peppers galore. Good job.

Thank You!

Weather and conditions were just perfect that year.... I will tell you though, I picked over 2,000 peppers off of it and never did pick all of them... I was literally picking 100 peppers off of it everyday when they were ripening.

Steve973 said:
I often tend to my peppers in the morning, and I decided to pick my first Tabasco pepper this morning. I ate it while I was in my car and on the way to work. Damn that little pepper is hot! I had an empty stomach at the time, and I realized (pretty soon) that it was a bad idea to eat a pepper like that on an empty stomach. I might have puked, but I knew that if it came back up, I would be in a world of hurting, so I kept it down. Things have since nicely subsided, though. I am waiting for the afterburn to feel something like this later:

:onfire:

We'll see!

Congrats!!

Agree on the empty stomach part, last week I came home from work and picked a Caribbean Red then ate it before I went out and mowed the yard.

Not a good idea, I didnt think I was gonna be able to keep it down, but I managed. Never again on an empty stomach. :onfire:

Haha! I am not one to hold back nausea, except when I know that the relief will be negated by the burning of that pepper coming back up. I stopped at McDonald's for breakfast, and after making me feel much worse, everything quieted down and I felt better. Somehow, I also escaped the afterburn. Wonders never cease.

Web_Of_Hair said:
Tabasco peppers are awesome! I am kind of mad I didn't plant any of them this year, but the way 1/2 of my plants are growing, they probably wouldn't be doing that well anyway.

One of mine from 2 years ago

Holy crap on-a-stick!

That's a ****load of chiles..fantastic stuff man. :D

Back