• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

first time grower!! how am i doing?

here is my setup:

- 5 gallon fish tank covered in foil, styrofoam bottom covered in foil
- one 100 watt CFL bulb in a dome, 1600 lumens, 6500k adjustable chain
- going to put 8 small cups with one seed in each cup after there done germinating

opinions and suggestions please!

thanks
Nick

P.S. how to you post pictures so i can show?

Terrible. no PICTURES = LIES AND DECEIT!

How do we know that you are ACTUALLY growing peppers??!? Could be growing human body parts. Like knees....

But for real, looks good. Lets see some pics.

Hello from Ottawa!

Sounds like you are doing better than me. I'm a first timer too, and all I've done so far is pick seeds out of six varieties of fresh peppers I bought at a produce shop. Bought a few of those peat pellet mini greenhouses at the dollar store, sowed the seeds, watered them, put them near a window, and now I'm waiting to see if anything grows. I'd like to get a heat mat, but don't know where they sell them in Ottawa.

here does it work? dont know what kind of peppers i have i think they are thai but there really hot!

IMG00321-20120216-1624.jpg

IMG00318-20120216-1616.jpg

IMG00320-20120216-1616.jpg

Much better! Everything looks pretty good. Just keep a close eye on the temp in there. It can get really hot with the foil and lamp. Once they pop up get a small fan and point it at em.

I would use mylar or an emergency blanket rather than foil, cuz its more reflective. I started out with foi like you and switched to an emergency blanket. Now im using a grow tent

80-85 is perfect during the day

Get a little oscillating fan going on the too ;)

all i did with the seeds were spray a piece of paper towel put the seeds in it and fold it then put it in a zip lock bag and put it on top of my vent in my room for heat and i just checked them out 3 days later and i can see them sprouting :halo: im trying to get some habanero seeds omline somewhere so i can try those out. i found some on amazon not really sure if i should trust.

You're on your way, Nick! Glad to see you got the photo thing figured out!
Good luck with your grow out this season.

Quick question. If I wanted to keep one plant indoor till the peppers come out would I have to change the bulb that I am currently using to a higher wattage n less then 6500k or the one I have will still work?

Quick question. If I wanted to keep one plant indoor till the peppers come out would I have to change the bulb that I am currently using to a higher wattage n less then 6500k or the one I have will still work?

I think the bulb you have will be fine for 8 plants through the first flowering. I see your using an aquarium, be careful not to grow mold.

Back