• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

first time grower

hello new to the group frist time growing i have 4 serrano peppers in 5 gallon buckets using miracle grow soil feeding with age old bloom and kelp with a 400 watt hps lamp. getting around 5 to 10 peppers on each plant with alot of flower drop just wondering what the average is for pepper per plant will post pics soon
thanks

Serranos are very prolific and 4 plants will give you heaps of pods. You can try hand pollinating. Maybe humidity is an issue with the flower drop. Are these plants going outside?

sounds like you may need to help pollinate them a little
or move them somewhere a kind helper bug can have at them

oh, welcome to the sanitorium oh, i mean forum

:eek:

Corky; when you get a chance, introduce yourself in the welcome forum.

Fruit count is almost impossible to determine, too many variables, location, soil, water, plant variety, (many Serrano Verieties) weather, root restrictions, list goes on. as little as 1 as many as 200 or more.

Here is a good read for beginner pepper growers, some does and don'ts and what to expect, wish you well buddy! SC

wow 300 per plant i wish mine would grow like that. my plants are staying inside have a 3x3 tent i made. just picked up a small paint brush to help with pollination do these peppers need lots of humidity it is pretty dry in my tent

21cb8yx.jpg

k34uv4.jpg

2uop4ds.jpg

Back