• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First time growing

Well this is my first attempt at growing peppers and i spent some time yesterday and started 120 seeds,eight each of 15 varieties of peppers.
I planted:
Zavory
Chimayo
kaleidoscope
Aji omnicolor
Tabasco
Catamarca
Douglah
7 pod Barrac
Birgit lucato
Numex sunrise
Lumbre
Tabago seasoning
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
7 Primo
Trinidad scorpion
And a few more to follow once i get to the store for more supplies.

Howdy JC,

I am also a first time grower this year, this site is loaded with helpful people and lots of knowledge.
good luck with your grow.

Steve

Howdy JC,

I am also a first time grower this year, this site is loaded with helpful people and lots of knowledge.
good luck with your grow.

Steve

Hi Steve and thanks.Yes this site is full of very useful information and some very nice people who have a vast amount of experience and knowledge.Best of luck with your growing season as well.
John

Well here is the first planting and i have some more to go.I have the lights ready for when they decide to show their little green heads.
P1010094.jpg

Man that's a lot of little holes to be filled with dirt and seeds. Not going overboard with your first pepper season are you John? I hope every single plant grows and provides you with all the heat you and your family and your buddies can eat.

Man that's a lot of little holes to be filled with dirt and seeds. Not going overboard with your first pepper season are you John? I hope every single plant grows and provides you with all the heat you and your family and your buddies can eat.
Hi Patrick
I started out with this number because i plan on trying my luck at some salsas and sauces plus dehydrating some for powders and personal consumption plus i have some friends who enjoy peppers so i figured this should cover my plans.I also have three friends that have big gardens and they have expressed an interest in planting some peppers so i will be able to give them some to grow so that will leave me with a smaller number of plants to tend too.

Hi Patrick
I started out with this number because i plan on trying my luck at some salsas and sauces plus dehydrating some for powders and personal consumption plus i have some friends who enjoy peppers so i figured this should cover my plans.I also have three friends that have big gardens and they have expressed an interest in planting some peppers so i will be able to give them some to grow so that will leave me with a smaller number of plants to tend too.

I know you said you're a sauce maker, these should give you lots of flavors and heat levels to play with eh? I see you're also sharing the addiction with friends, easiest way to get others into the hobby. Best of luck!

Back