• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

First timer, am I doing OK?

lek said:
 if you can stand bad smell of neem oil, you can use it.

I think neem oil smells kind of sickly-sweet and dont mind it at all!
But I usually have it mixed with B-cyfluthrin or imidaclorprid so I try not to smell too much of it.  haha, don't judge me

Powelly said:
Rosemary y is especially good
Wow really, how would u use it, I have some growing in my garden. Thank you all for your help.
I put some sliced potatoes on the soil yesterday and found loads of animals black tiny bug things and the white tiny grubs on them them! So iv ordered some peroxide and will mix 1 to 4 water and try that.

The chillis have been left outside now as it's a bit warmer. I'm hoping they are OK out there over night? It was quite breezy tge other day and the bigger plant now moves a he'll of alot in its pot! Hope it's OK, iv now tied him up! Also iv bought some marigolds to sit with them.

Thanks for any help guys

Fungal gnats are easy to deal with. I personally would not use hydrogen peroxide cuz its not that great for soil. The only thing i do is put a fan on them and keep the top of the soil dry. Water from the bottom so the top soil doesnt get too wet. I had a really bad problem with fungal gnats in a pot of basil i intended to keep in the window in my kitchen and all i did was move it outside and they went away. If you're going to keep them inside, then a small cheap fan will do wonders.

im now getting lots of problems, one of the plants i put out got major sunburn today.   And another plant has starting to loose its nice green all over, is this maybe the nats  doing ,  im still waiting for the peroxide.  Looks like the fruit are loosing colour too.  im devistated...
japRm1V.jpg

cpFqcSK.jpg

this is how iv set up out side.....only 2 plants outside at the moment.  the yellowing plant has moved to the conservatory from the window sill .

axSrMvh.jpg

It doesnt look that bad. Your plants are established enough that they will grow new foliage and the sunburn leaves will likely fall off. Dont worry im sure they'll be fine. I learned the hard way about 7 years ago to take it slow when hardening off. I had 15 bhut jolokias that i started from seed ordered from hawaii and after 2 months of growing indoors i put them directly outside and killed everyone of them. I was devastated but i learned a valuable lesson. Dont worry, i think they'll bounce back just fine.

Spectral said:
Wow really, how would u use it, I have some growing in my garden. Thank you all for your help.
I put some sliced potatoes on the soil yesterday and found loads of animals black tiny bug things and the white tiny grubs on them them! So iv ordered some peroxide and will mix 1 to 4 water and try that.

The chillis have been left outside now as it's a bit warmer. I'm hoping they are OK out there over night? It was quite breezy tge other day and the bigger plant now moves a he'll of alot in its pot! Hope it's OK, iv now tied him up! Also iv bought some marigolds to sit with them.

Thanks for any help guys

It's the smell that removes them, so no contact is required 
Simply mix a ML in a gallon and spray on and around the plant, on the floors around it etc

Iv just been told that my chilli's are probably scotch bonnet now. Lol. My first year growing chillis not only do I have all these issues but I can't even grow the chilli I thought I was growing.

Can any one confirm, looking at the recent pics if indeed they are scotch bonnet and not dorset naga like I was hopping.....

The pod shape doesn't quite look like a dorset naga. Perhaps a cross of some kind? Where did you get your seed?

I got it from a small pack of extra hot chillis mixed from Tesco! I chose the one that looked like the I which was supposed to be on there. There was a scotch bonnet in the pack, but I ate that. What an idiot I am. But I swear it was a naga. It was long and pointy

Back