• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds First timer planting seeds

I've always purchased plants from nurseries.
But tonight, I p
lanted 40 seeds tonight. Ten each of red squash peppers, cayenne, pumpkin habaneros, and red bhut jolokias. When they sprout, they will go to the greenhouse at work until they are ready to go into the garden.​
419725_3471162988154_1543507991_33138496_620819038_n.jpg

Nice ......
once you start growing your own peppers u cant go back to buy plants.... it will become part of ur lifestyle to grow your own peppers from seeds

+1 Judy!!!..Are you going to use a plastic dome and do you have a heating mat underneath your seed tray, Etothepii? I'll be planting 23 more seeds in about 15 minutes (waiting for the pellets to absorb the water) and I use the same Jiffy setup and have had great success with it - about 90-95%

that happen to me also, i buy plants at nurseries, and found this site, next thing i know i started planting some seeds and more seeds and some more seeds and more seeds to come.

hehehe nice. same here. The furthur I go the seeder I get.

Home Grown is alright with me.
Home Grown is the way it should be.

I don't have a heat mat. My room temp in my house is about 70. Will that do? I contemplated butting the tray up on a makeshift stand and putting a heating pad on low a couple inches below it. Could use a food thermometer to get the temp inside the soil of some unused jiffy's.

A heat mat helps speed up the process from what I have seen. Just keep an eye on the temp and moisture.

Back