First year chile grower here

From AZ, where it should be easy to grow as long as I keep watering, right?

I've got:
9 pepperoncini (unknown parentage);
5 Burpee's OP Hot Cherry;
1 type of pencil-thin Cayenne;
3 NuMex Big Jims;
3 Anaheims;
1 Poblano/Ancho 101,
1 banana,
1 Hungarian Wax,
2 Jalapeno M,
6 sweet cherries of unknown parentage;
6 Pimiento Elites for sweet paprika (intended for barbeque brisket and pork...);
1 mini-belle (yellow/orange) for my wife's omelettes;
1 orphan Bonnie's Red Bell (which my wife didn't have room for after a return trip from Lowe's).

All but the Bonnie's and sweet Cherries were grown from seed. I found Tomato Grower's Supply on my own, luckily.

They're doing well, lots of flowers and fruit and pretty densely-spaced so lots of foliage protecting the fruit; a 8' block wall to the West shading them from 3pm on, and a soaker-hose grid for daily irrigation.

I learned pretty quick about ladybugs, and that Epsom Salts (1 tsp/gal sol'n) misted on the foliage helps; bonemeal in the soil, and to avoid peat for early germination/young plants; I learned that too long under too small a T5 fluorescent makes for leggy plants, and I learned my wife's cats cannot resist eating pepper plants on a windowsill at 2am on a late February morning.

Having a blast standing in the sun (like an idiot) giggling over my pod-laden plants. They're pretty peaceful...

Grow on, Garth...

dave

Welcome from Southfield Michigan.

May You Soul Rest In Peppers

HERE

4386562877_0488df8fc1.jpg

NJA

Hi Dave and Welcome from Virginia.

"You know," he said, grinning at the replies in this thread, "I think I'm gonna like it here."

Thanks!

Back