• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors Fishing Machine

Hey sports fans! A while back mrs. blues finally caved into my whining about needing a kayak to get to the spots I wanted for fishing. Today I went and picked up my new SIT Perception Pescador yak at Academy Sports. 12 footer with one rod holder and all the bungee's and wham wham's included, $499 plus tax out the door. Great 'thang about it is that it is the same yak Wilderness Systems initially made for their Tarpon 120 but for a heap of cash less. Got a Marine Raider paddle and bungee yesterday for cheapness and am all set. Probably will have it in the water a couple times before this weekend for sea trials before I fish out of it.

Lookin' good in the back of mah' truck!

IMG_3527.jpg

Plenty o' space in the tankwell behind the seat for my gear and a cooler.

IMG_3529.jpg

An easy haul and I can carry it one handed as its only 60 pounds. From The Blues Casa to the nearest boat ramp is only 5 minutes away.

IMG_3526.jpg

Soon to be rippin' some lips y'all!!

Damm dude! Feliz Navidad, and Happy Birthday to YOU!

SUHWEET! It looks like you have nice dry storage too, for say..... your explosives.

Are those foot pedals for a rudder? Or a foot hold for crankin in the white water, lol,

Very nice TB, very nice. Cheers Mrs. Blues!

nice dude! My buddy does kayak fishing tourneys! He has a fish finder and everything on his! Sweet pick up brother, nd glad to see Mrs Blues is on board with your addiction! Take some pics holding some big largemouth lunkers!

Much obliged y'all.

SD, the "pedals" are just foot braces mounted on a sliding rail. I probably won't use them. A Hobie AI does use a pedal drive system and also has options for outriggers and a sail. Real pricey and I don't need all that crap. The Pescador is probably one of the biggest bangs for the buck around for a yak. Tracks well, fairly fast and a pretty stable platform. I beez gettin' the 'thang slimed later this week.

Those foot rests will be handy when you're wanting to get somewhere, and padling harder.
What the hell am I saying, you were a fishing giude.

Never mind...

Have fun!

Lot of guys kill the reds in the Laguna Madre over at South Padre Island with those.

Very nice

Lot of guys kill the reds in the Laguna Madre over at South Padre Island with those.

Very nice

And lucky for moi, my momma still has propetty on the island and sister blues lives in Corpus. I hope to get in a roadtrip or 10 by summer's end.

Sweet, I fish a Heritage 14, and the wife has a yellow Tarpon same as yours... I mostly fish for reds tailing. It's a blast when ya get a nice one on the long rod tat pulls ya around. When I get my puter back I'll have to posta Pic...

Mostly reds, specs, black drum(you cannot taste the diff, they are just uglier :eek: ), and the funnest yet ...the sand sharks,black tips, bulls......
I need to get a housing for a cam though...should've done that 2 I phones ago actually.LOL.......and if you haven't :high: any red yet....you are missing out.

Congrats! It's hard not to love kayak fishing! I got a Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT off of ebay on the cheap. I love taking it out! I've done a few minor mods- my favorite is a fish finder. I made a little mount for the screen that goes into on of the rod holders, a motorcycle battery in the dry storage, and the transducer is on shock-chord so I can take it off when ever I want!

In Missouri we don't have anything as big or as fun as you salt water guys, but a big catfish can still give quite a sleigh-ride!

Back