• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Fivestar's first decent harvest....

So, this is the first harvest large enough to take pics of! I've been harvesting lots of cayennes, and a few smaller pods up until now, but these are finally coming in quantities that I can be proud of. The orange habs are up top of course, cayennes on the bottom, and Thai Hots on the left. I'm freezing all of the cayennes and thais to make sauce and sambal later in the season, and the Orange habs have been hitting the dehydrator as they come off for powder. I've got a few cups of these dried already, and literally a couple hundred more pods to ripen on the plant!

Props to Cappy and Silver Surfer for the styling of the harvest pics...

DSCN0844.jpg

Here's the two biggest orange hab pods to date, though there are a few monsters still to ripen on the plant. Pic doesn't really do the size justice, but these were nice and big. Shame I can't get enough of these off at once to make some poppers!

DSCN0845.jpg

Still meager at best here, but there are tons of pods setting and yet to ripen. Things should pick up in a few weeks for the rest of my varieties. Can't wait for the Bhuts and 7's!

Congrats on the pods Five*. Ready to hear of your experiences with hotter pods on the way. Would love to see you eat your first 7 Pod, that would be priceless.:mouthonfire:

ditto what PRF and SS said...

congrats on the harvest...lots of good heat there...

Very nice pictures 5star! Those Orange Habs look fantastic. I'm definitely growing those next year.

patrick said:
Congrats on the beginning 5*! Hope you give AJ a run for his money.

BWAHAHAHAH!!! Thanx Patrick, but I don't know about that. He's already harvested like 50 pounds of peppers or something! :lol:

Thanks for all the kind words folks. I've got a fatalii ripening now, and a few of my weird crosses, so hopefully the rest won't be too far behind.

Back