• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Flashbang Hot Sauce - Oh dear god why?

Image tags my friend. ;)
And YES! Exactly!!!!!!

AJ, I am going to go with pungency for the word you are looking for when smelling peppers.  

I would also like to challenge something you said, I think there are lots of people out there (and here) that eat superhot sauces, powders, and yes even whole pods because they enjoy them, both heat and taste.  It is not about showing off for everyone.  I eat superhots in some form (usually sauce) every day and most of the time no one else is around except maybe my family, so who am I showing off for?  As I am typing this, I am eating a fish taco with a Scorpion sauce on it.  My nose is running, I am sweating, and I love it.  There is a difference between being a Chilihead and being someone who eats hot sauce and peppers.  

JayT said:
AJ, I am going to go with pungency for the word you are looking for when smelling peppers.  

I would also like to challenge something you said, I think there are lots of people out there (and here) that eat superhot sauces, powders, and yes even whole pods because they enjoy them, both heat and taste.  It is not about showing off for everyone.  I eat superhots in some form (usually sauce) every day and most of the time no one else is around except maybe my family, so who am I showing off for?  As I am typing this, I am eating a fish taco with a Scorpion sauce on it.  My nose is running, I am sweating, and I love it.  There is a difference between being a Chilihead and being someone who eats hot sauce and peppers.
Same. I put superhot powder on almost everything I eat. I couldn't care less who is watching me (usually it's just the wife).

Vinegar is pungent to me. Sharp, sour, harsh. Smelling the destruction that is about to be had is different. Knowing it is going to severely mess up your tomorrow from one waft. Pungent is Tabasco lol.

I could smell the "inevitable onslaught."

LOL

That's better.

I tried Flashbang. For an extreme sauce it was O.K. but I thought Satan's Blood and Da Bomb Final Answer were a lot hotter. Taste is about the same though.

JayT said:

totally agree with Jay T  , I'm sitting here with a big ol' grilled chop topped with CAPPY'S Brain Strain Hot Sauce , my fried potatoes sprinkled with placenta powder from reaper , and the only one home is me and the pup , i love the heat . my powders go with me out to eat, work , everywhere !      :onfire:

It's common sense we like heat, and some like serious heat, I don't get why that has to be defended. This is The Hot Pepper. To that I say...

Duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Jay. To which I say DUH! The proof is this site exists and we are on it and talk about superhots all the time. Some posts need no reply. 

Like being on a car forum and dismissing anyone into hot rods when hot rod people are on there.

muskymojo said:
Same. I put superhot powder on almost everything I eat. I couldn't care less who is watching me (usually it's just the wife).

I agree with musky and JayT. I have STUPID amounts of hot stuff daily. Usually with not another soul in sight. Mostly powders, but when fresh pepper season is here it's game on. It's not about showing off, I just like it.

JayT, I eat super hots and super hot products because I enjoy them.  Huge ass difference between that and extracts which often arent even intended as food but as food additives.  On pods, I am speaking to things like the Chocolate Bhutlah where the result of eating them is a hiccup fest followed by puking. 

When the SHU gets to the point where you are timing how long you can go without puking, if a person enjoys puking and thus causing damage to their body, i think they fall into the category of mentally ill.  I know they do if they are doing it for weight control or loss.  Why would it be any different for pain.

Someone else said they thought I did not like super hots due to this thread.  i dont like things that make me puke.  Super hots are nothing but a thing.  Extracts, no I dont much like them.

The Hot Pepper said:
That store in Myrtle Beach is the one I go to!!! Love that place!!!!! :)
sicman said:
There seems to be a strong mentally ill population on this forum.
Hot good me likey!!!!!!
images-7.jpeg

Sicman,

Somewhere between 0 and I think it is 16 million SHU, there is a point where a person no longer enjoys what they are putting in their mouths.  Hotpepper used hotdog eating contest as an example.  Somewhere between one and fifty hot dogs, thre is a point where a person no longer enjoys putting the things in his mouth.  Just look at their eyes.

My wife and family are afraid of the foods I eat.  Hell, sometimes they are afraid of being in the kitchen when I make chili due to the fumes.  Not disrespecting spicy food at all.  Saying there is a limit, a point where folk are no longer getting pleasure they are just showing off like the hot dog eating contest.

Example: Look at the FBI reviews on Youtube.  If that guy enjoys that crap, he has an issue.  Puking is not good for you.

Just tried this sauce today.... I was expecting more from it.... hotteat sauce I've had, but I was expecting more of a burn....

JayT said:
I was defending it because he said that anyone who heats superhots is doing it to show off.
Still kind of scratching on this one JayT.  In a threat speaking about extracts, where did I say anyone who eats superhots is doing so to show off?

ajdrew said:
My wife and family are afraid of the foods I eat.  Hell, sometimes they are afraid of being in the kitchen when I make chili due to the fumes.  Not disrespecting spicy food at all.
My husband and son won't help me make fresh salsa because of the fume of chopped onions, let alone when processing Ghost Fire hot sauce.     

Salsalady, have you ever left pepper oil on the dish soap bottle by mistake?  Oh damn that was almost a divorce.  She kept screaming after getting it in her eyes, figured it was on her hands, washing her hands, then screaming some more after touching her eye.  Lasted thirty minutes before I figured it out and begged for forgiveness.

Now, when processing peppers, I have my own dish soap, paper towels, knives, and anything else I might need i one of those plastic tubs.  That was the compromise that commuted my death sentence.

Back