• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Flat pests all over my Pequin

Saw white like powder all over the pepper plant. And then looked closed and saw this guys. They are plant and are paper thin. Not aphids. Look like oval spots but then moves. How to get rid of them.

bf778223.jpg

eaa34c18.jpg

7104caf8.jpg

I had insects that look like that all over my stevia plant. I also had a bunch of other stuff. My solution was to:

Crush 2 cloves of garlic in a medium glass of water and leave it for 2-3 days

pour that mix into a spray bottle with a dab of dish soap (I use organic env. friendly(er) stuff) and a touch of olive oil, about 1/2 tsp.

Then I sprayed the TAR out of the plant, inside out top to bottom when the sun was setting.

All the bugs are off my plants, I had quite the mixture of bugs and they all went away after the second application.
There where absolutely no repercussions from the plant. Healthy as ever.

You may wish to cover you soil to prevent it from over dripping into it, I didnt do this however.

I had insects that look like that all over my stevia plant. I also had a bunch of other stuff. My solution was to:

Crush 2 cloves of garlic in a medium glass of water and leave it for 2-3 days

pour that mix into a spray bottle with a dab of dish soap (I use organic env. friendly(er) stuff) and a touch of olive oil, about 1/2 tsp.

Then I sprayed the TAR out of the plant, inside out top to bottom when the sun was setting.

All the bugs are off my plants, I had quite the mixture of bugs and they all went away after the second application.
There where absolutely no repercussions from the plant. Healthy as ever.

You may wish to cover you soil to prevent it from over dripping into it, I didnt do this however.

Now that you mention it I was speaking to a guy at a local nursery and I was discussion my current whitefly problem. He was saying that most peppers can take a good beating (or eating should i say ;) ) and do just fine.

Back