• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Florida Trippin'

Lot's of pictures to go thru...

Did you know that when you order a Bloody Mary in Minnesota, it comes with a beer? who knew?
The waitress said it was a "palette cleanser".
ecc172c5.jpg

We saw a lot of wildlife there, some rare, and some not so rare...
20dec61c.jpg

Here's the VERY RARE Central Florida 'Swamp Ape'.
baa2edf5.jpg

LadySic made some Pickled Eggs for us, two weeks before we got there.
The very first pickled egg I ever had and it was incredible! Thanks LS, wish we could have eaten more of them! LOL
e9421f44.jpg

LadySic's AWESOME Biscuits and gravy and eggs that were about 10 minutes old, (fresh!)
b2f4d986.jpg

Pre-Funkin at the hotel in Sarasota, getting ready for CJ's Birthday dinner at Darwin's.
The pool was right outside our Patio. Earlier that day we were swimming in the Gulf of Mexico.
I'm here to tell you, THAT should be on everybody's bucket list. Bathwater, I tell ya! Bath water!!!!!!
ad025327.jpg

183225cc.jpg

A flower Arrangement was waiting at our table that had may different kinds of peppers in it.
The card said "Happy Birthday CJ, from your Hot Pepper Family". Anyone know anything about this?
619a575f.jpg

Back at the hotel, The Wheebz and CJ gettin down dancin. Still can't figure out why we were told multiple times to "keep it down"
I said, "we're workin on it, can't you see we're gettin down?"
f521fc1e.jpg

Here's the Pepper arrangement back at the hotel... Of course we tasted almost every single pepper! duh! LOL
2d091ce7.jpg

More to come y'all!...

They were LanMan. They had some heat too.

There was more "Red-Barnin'" goin on than the Great Waldo Pepper.
977005c2.jpg

The party at FD's house was EPIC, (and I hate that word). This picture shows just how I remember it...
All blurry when bear showed up.
3bd5a012.jpg

it all seems like a blur,,what a shame!!!! yall better come visit me again. frys you better come up here. wheebz is so close if he doesnt come here im going to rape him! and bear if you dont come visit me im going to take up hunting again

Down by the market close to FD's house was this marina.
Check out my new boat...
77ba26be.jpg

edd31101.jpg

c9a08156.jpg

Went to lunch at a little 'ol place known as Alabama Jacks. Another Bucket list item.
Out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the swamp, where the Manatees roam, ( we didn't get to see one).
Conch Fritters a must, CJ ordered them, I had the Crab Cakes and Sum had to have Grilled Flipper... so sad, LOL
aba8c7af.jpg

c6e2c9a0.jpg

a1c54757.jpg

62e6cd55.jpg

1f2da2c2.jpg

1f326807.jpg

6f10462f.jpg

Nice Menu, but Grilled Dolphin? Would any sane person order that?
I quite fancy the small seafood sampler... that would do me nicely as a starter.

Hahahahahah It's actually grilled Mahi Mahi.

Some cool memorabilia, and license plates that people have brought...

cede8d28.jpg

a6c3108f.jpg

cd27133a.jpg

Heading back home along the Columbia river.
8a281326.jpg

I ordered the tuna safe Dolphin.

(For peeps who don't know, Dolphin, aka Mahi-mahi, aka dorado, are delicious. It's not REALLY Flipper.)

while throwing alka-seltzers to seagulls...

WOW! Just WOW!!!!! I must still be in that Florida Time Warp - where hours fly by like seconds!!!! This is my 1st chance to log on since we've been back!!!!

I want to give a gigantic THANK YOU to my FloFriends, for the most amazing time of my life!!!! You all showed us so many incredible things, and so much fun, that I actually started taking notes!!!! Good thing too - because I spent most of the trip with my MIND BLOWN! :) I actually lost my voice from laughing so much!!!!!

Despite the raucous pics, we got to spend lots of time visiting (tho not nearly long enough!), and I can't say what an honor it was to have you all share your lives with us. And thanks for the recipes!!! I came home with enough recipes to start a cookbook!!! My countertop is full of ingredients for a weekend-full of cooking already!!!!

Thanks for so many fabulous memories and stories to tell! I love you all to pieces, and look forward to seeing you again! (just a note: Milk Thistle is great for tired livers! hahaha). And a HUGE thanks to all of you that were there with us in spirit, and brave enough to answer your phones! haha It was fun having your juju with us during our adventures!!!!!!!! XOXOXO!

Back