• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Flushing leaching plants

I was wondering how you guys would flush/leach your plants in a soil less medium setup to prevent salt build up. I'm using masterblend hydro nutrients and I was thinking about giving the plants plain water every 3rd watering? I really don't want to buy any more solutions as I have read that there are flushing solutions out there. Is the solution necessary or plain water is fine?

Another concern I have is eating the peppers before flushing the plant. I have heard some say that hydroponically grown food can have a bitter taste.

I want to be able to eat a ripe pepper off the plant without worrying about these things. Are there any health risk?

Never had any bitter pods and I've been growing hydroponically for a year.  I usually flush, I have with solution, water and water plus hydrogen peroxide.  Didn't notice any difference in flavour.  

personally you should water in between feeds.. feed, water, water..
but if you insist on feeding with every watering then i would just use plain water after 3-4 feedings.

Back