FNG: Rhode Island

Here are some updated pictures of my plants, scorpions, ghosts, and chocolate ghosts before transplanting.
The first is the scorpions, the second, chocolate ghosts, the third scorpions up close, the forth ghosts up close.
Cool plants, huh ?

Ghosty...

Yeah, great looking plants, indeed. They should take off
like rockets when planted out!

RickwithbluefishOctober20071.jpg
Howdy from Massachusetts. Maybe I'll catch you when I go down to south county to fish the surf in the fall. Cajun blackened Bluefish is one of my favorite things.

awesome - will there be some kind of Highlander sword fight now where one of you gets decapitated? :popcorn:

No swordfights Lucky, but if david wants to have a go at Loudon this summer at a trackday, that would be fun (plan to run my 09 Kawasaki Zx6, ran the BMW S1000RR last time and it was too fast and brutal for that short 1.6 mile track. David, do you own a bike ?

Ghosty...

Nice plants, I'm jealous as well! I've just started mine also, only 5 varieties with 10 more in the mail. Oh well, it was a last minute decision to try and start my own seeds. I'll be more prepared next year!

:welcome: from Bellefonte, PA

Thanks for the welcome all, let's mix a little business with pleasure, pleasure first.

I decided to do an audio comparison of both my bikes through the first three gears, note the quiet engine and extra wind noise on the second clip (Kawi ZX6)

"
"

Now for business.

Next, an update on pepper growth, I am amazed at what a small heat mat, blue spectrum grow light, some aluminum foil underneath and a light fan has on the plants.
You will note the robust stem sprouts bhut jolokia chocolate, and how lust and dark green they are, temps during the day never more than mid 70's in the room, I keep them
close together too, they seem to like the canopy overlapping them. I move them every couple of days, water when dry and stressed and feed with weak miracle grow about every two weeks. I am starting to pinch off flower buds because it is too soon for them.

This is a grow and sauce making experimental year for me, next year I hope to start more plants, low hundreds, and create sauces, etc... to start selling locally and through the internet.

I have a friend with a decade's experience in making sauces. He has dabbled with peppers, habs mostly, people he has given them to love his products. I need some fresh and or dried peppers (about 6 of each), in the medium hot, hot and very hot categorizes to perform sauce alchemy experiments. I am willing to barter my PC skills (software engineer, 30 years) for them. If no one needs software work I am willing to send a SASE box to you, with payment (negotiated privately) for the experimental peppers I need. If we come up with something our test subjects rave about we will try organizing local tastings at local eateries where people who appreciate hot stuff frequent.

Ghosty...

Awesome, Ghosty! Bike and the plants!

Long intro, me exhausted. Welcome from Chicagoland.
Yeah pile it on,

I should have broke this off into it's own mini-scule grow log... hehe... This is a learning, sauce development, R&D year for me, next year is the real deal, commitment (time and $$) and grow for profit. I can grow these things, finicky as they are, hots at least.

Ghosty...

Back